Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Wyche says Mike Wallace a Good Fit.

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll throw in some Munchos and a ham and cheese samich. :lol:

I'm good for a teal Gameboy Color and Lethal Weapon 2 on VHS.

Posted

9ers or phins

Posted

Id take him though

Posted

I would love it. He and Cam would be lethal for years. But yeah, it would be tough to do. Depends on how much he wants.

Posted

Wallace has no business even comparing himself to Fitzgerald. Fitz is big time no matter how bad the offense is. Can't believe that dude put up 71 catches this year. The last time Fitz had less than 71 catches when he plays 16 games was when he was a rookie. At other times Fitz is a throw it anywhere 100 catches guy. Wallace on the other hand can barely crack 70 catches in his best years.

Which got me thinking, does it occur to anyone that all the big time WRs play with pure pocket passers? I guess to management they figure they need those receivers to bail out those QBs since they can't run. On the other hand the dual threats QB can do with average WR because they will make up for their WR inability to get open. Cam, Kaepernick,Wilson, RG3, neither of those guys have a big threat receiver but they're playoff contenders or competitive.

Imagine this dirty thought, Fitzgerald in a panthers uniform.

But if we could get Wallace I can see us winning the division. We manhandled the falcons twice last year, so wallace ould make us the team to beat in the division.

Posted

Would anyone cut Smitty if it allowed us to sign Wallace?

Just an idea.

And I have an authentic autographed Smitty jersey.

That would be addition by subtraction. Our receiving core is average at best, we can't subtract. Both Smith and Wallace are 70 catches receivers. It takes those receivers a very good year to crack 100 catches.

Posted

Wallace has no business even comparing himself to Fitzgerald. Fitz is big time no matter how bad the offense is. Can't believe that dude put up 71 catches this year. The last time Fitz had less than 71 catches when he plays 16 games was when he was a rookie. At other times Fitz is a throw it anywhere 100 catches guy. Wallace on the other hand can barely crack 70 catches in his best years.

Which got me thinking, does it occur to anyone that all the big time WRs play with pure pocket passers? I guess to management they figure they need those receivers to bail out those QBs since they can't run. On the other hand the dual threats QB can do with average WR because they will make up for their WR inability to get open. Cam, Kaepernick,Wilson, RG3, neither of those guys have a big threat receiver but they're playoff contenders or competitive.

Imagine this dirty thought, Fitzgerald in a panthers uniform.

But if we could get Wallace I can see us winning the division. We manhandled the falcons twice last year, so wallace ould make us the team to beat in the division.

Wallace isn't Wes Welker. He isn't suppose to have 100 receptions.

Wallace's career ypc average is 17.2.

4 years into the NFL....his yards and TDs are up there with just about anyone 4 years in.

Posted

9ers or phins

If the 9ers got him, game over

Posted

In order to make this happen we would have to cut a lot of players.

Hangartner - saves $1.575

Nakamura - saves $1 mil

Garry Williams - saves $1.025 mil

Ron Edwards - definite cut (saves $2.15 mil)

Gamble - more than likely cut or restructure (saves $7.95 mil if cut)

Gross - possible but I don't think its a good idea (saves $5.7 mil)

Cutting either DeAngelo or Stewart doesnt help us because they have huge bonuses. If Beason restructures that would help. I'm 95% sure we won't even send Wallace an offer.

Posted

Would anyone cut Smitty if it allowed us to sign Wallace?

Just an idea.

And I have an authentic autographed Smitty jersey.

I would.

Posted

I got 7 dollars and a extra button on me.

Posted

I doubt we would rush to sign Wallace. That is when you overpay.

Still, if they really wanted him, they could manage the cap hit for the first 2 years so that the big bucks wouldn't be paid until down the road and the majority of it would not be guaranteed. I am just not sure that would trump other offers from teams more willing to get into a spending war. Realistically, it doesn't look like it would happen unless Wallace wanted to play here and might take a lower offer to play with Cam. Yeah, I know........... Not likely..............