But looks at his last 3 years

2013- injured
2012- great
2011- benched

Gamble hasn't been reliable in his health or play

You should start with 2012.

2012-hurt
2011-great (best year)
2010-frustrated with John Fox and missed a practice which was the reason for his benching. Still played 11 games.

Before that year, he started all or almost all games each year. Lowest being 12 in 2007. Him always being injured is a myth.

He's always been our best corner besides 2005 with Ken Lucas. His first couple years were rough but after he had been in the league for a while, he became a reliable corner. He had his best year in 2011. He could pick up where he left off this season.

I can see why he is getting cut. I'm not saying we should be keeping him with his current contract. I wish he would restructure though. However, the revisionist history in this thread is ridiculous.

#48 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

You should start with 2012.

2012-hurt
2011-great (best year)
2010-frustrated with John Fox and missed a practice which was the reason for his benching. Still played 11 games.

Before that year, he started all or almost all games each year. Lowest being 12 in 2007. Him always being injured is a myth.

He's always been our best corner besides 2005 with Ken Lucas. His first couple years were rough but after he had been in the league for a while, he became a reliable corner. He had his best year in 2011. He could pick up where he left off this season.

I can see why he is getting cut. I'm not saying we should be keeping him with his current contract. I wish he would restructure though. However, the revisionist history in this thread is ridiculous.

Typo...

Point remains, D was strong in 2012 and 2010....without him.

He has never been consistent. Overpaid guy that only lived up to his deal one year

#49 Catfight84

Catfight84

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Uh yea razor on the bench looked good

#50 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,499 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

This is the new norm with the rookie salary cap.

The temptation to release a player and save millions and potentially replace or upgrade the position with a player at a bargain rookie contract price is like putting an extra cheese pizza with double pepporoni in front of Rosanne Barr.

The fact we've already enjoyed a player of Cam Newton's talent at a rookie salary cap price for 2 years yet have the Cap woes we do really drives home just how incompetent Marty Hurney was.

#51 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Gamble was a class act and good player. He will he missed.
And yes, it will take at least 2 years to clean up Hurney's mess.

#52 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

I think this was bound to happen. I like Gamble but this is a must do.

#53 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Watch us bring in no one as decent as him. Norman and Cap'n might be the starters.

Would almost rather have Campbell and Thomas starting...

#54 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Would almost rather have Campbell and Thomas starting...

Well if we actually use the cap space well save from gamble and sign players at other positions, then we could use a draft pick on a new #1 corner

#55 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

We are going to cut some big names. If you think we will replace them with well known veterans you're crazy. The point is to save money. You don't save $7.9m then sign a veteran corner for $5m. Refer to Zod's post about not having money.

The draft is another story. We might get some nice players that route.

#56 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

It still blows my mind how we got to this point. I don't know whether to blame Marty or Jerry. They both made big mistakes. Marty said he signed those big deals because the big Cat wanted him to and he expected the salary cap to continue climbing. Meanwhile the Big Cat just finished negotiating a CBA to stop the salary cap from climbing, you would think there would be some communication or foresight.

#57 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

I'm a Gamble fan, but this had to be done. I just hope to hell we can find at least a decent replacement.

#58 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=rss

This probably will make adding a new defensive back much higher of a priority this offseason.

I wonder what it's like personally to ask a player to restructure? Do they tell them how it is? Or do they make it sound like restructuring is the better deal.... I mean of course it has to be the better deal or players wouldn't sign period. But do they say like "Do this or were going to cut you anyways and you could end up with any team for far less." Or do they go: "You can restructure and help the team out immensely and be on the verge of winning of a championship and if things work out this year, major money for you."?

#59 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,516 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

This blows but it must be done. I have a gamble jersey too. Sigh...

#60 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,912 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

i don't think we'll notice if/when he's gone.

This.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.