• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Cut everyone with a fuged up contract

Toughest schedule

Still have Rivera as HC with unproven OC in Shula

7-9 8-8 season again. Im not even going to get my hopes up

If that does happen we honestly have no choice but to keep Rivera. Cam will be in his last year with a new coach. What's the odds of us then going to the playoffs? If we canned Rivera after this year we at-least could have gave the new HC 2 years. But nooo we have a owner making decisions he shouldn't be making

#2 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

ya know, we got some good young peices on this team (Rookie of the year O and D). If we can build around them over the next 3 years, we could be a true force to be dealt with.

But, we are not going to get there with Rivera as head coach. The writing is on the wall. When you think of the great head coaches in this league, does Rivera even seem to fit in the same conversation? Sure, he is a good guy and all, but not on the same playing field as the top coaching talent, nor do I believe he ever will be.

#3 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Rivera is the coach. Never getting my hopes up, until he's out.

#4 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Gonna be a bad year this year, not too optimistic with alot of veterans likely to be let go. Limited cap space and draft picks, and alot of holes in the roster

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,534 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

start off slow, get eliminated from playoffs early. get on hot streak at the end. finish 8-8...still trending upward.

built in excuses...new OC and gutted roster. most used phrase from apologists will still be "rome wasn't built in a day".

#6 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

start of slow, get eliminated from playoffs early. get on hot streak at the end. finish 8-8...still trending upward.

built in excuses...new OC and gutted roster. most used phrase from apologists will still be "rome wasn't built in a day".

Yeah this, especially the part about the retarded apologists.

#7 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Is it 1996 Yet?_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,101 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

start of slow, get eliminated from playoffs early. get on hot streak at the end. finish 6-10...still trending upward.

fixed

#8 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,967 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

We have realistically been good enough to have a MUCH better record the past 2 seasons....so the potential is easily there to finish with a winning record this year.

Rivera doesn't matter as much as guys like Cam and Luke...as they mature they will take over games and make his coaching less important

#9 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,529 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

1st season Rivera admitted he underestimated how much went into running a football team. And it showed. We were inconsistant from the get go.

Last year, as the year went on, things got better. By the end of the year, we were playing good football.

I don't see why this year can't be yet another step in the right direction.

IMO, the ONLY mistake Rivera has made was allowing Chud to kill our hopes. Now that Chud is gone. And Rivera has an OC that understands what he wants. I see bright things in our future.

tl/dr version. We went 5-1 to finish the year because we were becoming a good football team. Maybe Rivera deserves some credit for that.

#10 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

Alright, so cut everyone under contract. Trade our 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th round picks for a crap ton of 6th and 7th round picks. Draft a bunch of guys that would be depth on most teams, then fill in the rest with UDFAs. Flounder around until I decide to put a bullet through my head.

#11 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

Posted Image

#12 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

The point you bring up is valid. Do you cut everybody with a messed up deal. Take all those cap hits and tank this season for clean books in the future? It sounds logical. But Jerry is an old man. No one is promised tomorrow. Many of our huddlers will never live to see a Super Bowl victory. How can you throw away a season? I eat a lot of food and I don't exercise enough. If the good Lord is generous I might get 20 more seasons. Do I really want to surrender one before it's been played? Do I really want to start looking forward to August 2014? I think not. I want us to figure it out with what we have and win now. Teams win 10 games while being millions under the cap. Why can't we win with millions in dead money?

#13 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,035 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

Since when were we a hopeless team last season?

Our record sucked, yes, but you should probably pay more attention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com