Photo
- - - - -

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#76 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

I agree and I Think more of the line of a #3 wr. Because I don't think a wr this class will challenge Lafell for the number 2# spot.

LOL, really?

#77 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

a Jones or Megatron type WR where top 10 picks, those types will never make it to 14. he has enough speed to get vertically up field and the route running ability to be an effective #1.

EXACTLY.....anyone below a top 10 is most likely going to have a learning curve and be ineffective the first year.

Lets put it this way. If he doesn't start. We wasted a pick.

#78 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

I would consider Allen but Patterson has to many ? And to raw for a pick that high.

I agree. At 14 I'd love to take Allen bc he's a much safer pick. I only added Patterson's name in the mix bc his ceiling is very high. He's a 50/50, risk vs reward.

#79 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

LOL, really?

Let's see. 4 th year pro with 3 years in the same system with the same QB and is rated to have some of the best hands when targeted. Vs a rookie in a weak wr class. Yeah that is laughable.

#80 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

why does that kid keep following me around in threads lol dude im not responding to you because you are very uninformed when it comes to the wr position. every god damn year a rookie wr comes out and outperforms laFAIL.

smith gets hurt you have no one unless you draft a stud wr like ty hilton. now thats up to the new gm. if he cant pick first day starting talent then too bad.

#81 CamJordan420

CamJordan420

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Let's see. 4 th year pro with 3 years in the same system with the same QB and is rated to hOooave some of the best hands when targeted. Vs a rookie in a weak wr class. Yeah that is laughable.

Yeah, I have a feeling we're not gonna be adding a receiver early.

#82 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,655 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I am not against getting WR in the first round as long as he is polished enough to be worthy of a 1st Round pick. That would mean he is ready to START game 1. I don't want the best WR in this draft if he doesn't meet the criteria for a first round WR.

I don't care if he can run 4.1. I want to know he can catch in traffic, run a good route and produce starting game 1. If any WR is not polished enough to do this. He is not worthy of the first round pick.

We cannot waste our first pick on a player that is going to be ready in 2014 or 2015.

QFT .

#83 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,186 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

It's not a dire need for us. Of all our needs this year, WR is towards the bottom. For our #1 pick, it's not only a luxury pick but a reach.

Lol when a player on the team list it as one of our top 3 needs then it's a need.

#84 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,655 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm curious who here thinks any of the receivers in the round will be BPA when the Panthers picking at 14.

#85 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,186 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

I agree and I Think more of the line of a #3 wr. Because I don't think a wr this class will challenge Lafell for the number 2# spot.

Right, guys, remember it's Chud and the O-line's fault Brandon Lafell couldn't get constant separation from faster and stronger corners and often disappeared from games.

#86 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,390 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Dream scenario?

Trade down 10 picks...pick up a late second.

1. Lane Johnson/Sharrif Floyd/Chance Warmack/Sheldon RIchardson/Patterson
2a. Philip Thomas/ Jordan Poyer/ Dallas Thomas
2b. Justin Hunter/Tavon Austin/Da'Rick Rogers

#87 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,186 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

EXACTLY.....anyone below a top 10 is most likely going to have a learning curve and be ineffective the first year.

Dwayne Bowe pick 23 of te 2007 NFL Draft rookie season: 70 catches, 995 yards and 5tds
Percy Harvin pick 22 of the 2009 NFL Draft rookie season: 60 catches, 790 yards and 6tds
Dez Bryant pick 24 of the 2010 NFL Draft rookie season: 45 catches, 561 yards and 6tds (in 12 games, was injured iirc and had missed an entire season of football before.)
Torrey Smith pick 58 of the 2011 NFL Draft rookie season: 50 catches, 841 yards and 7tds
Kendall Wright pick 20 of te 2012 NFL Draft 64 catces, 626 yards and 4tds

There's plenty of other examples of WRs take outside the top 10 having good seasons but

yeah no if it's not Megatron don't draft a WR.

#88 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

why does that kid keep following me around in threads lol dude im not responding to you because you are very uninformed when it comes to the wr position. every god damn year a rookie wr comes out and outperforms laFAIL.

smith gets hurt you have no one unless you draft a stud wr like ty hilton. now thats up to the new gm. if he cant pick first day starting talent then too bad.

Forgetting the fact that Hilton was a 4th round pick. Which you want to use a 1st round on a wr
So that example is already a stupid one by you.

But could you use some common sense when making these dumb statement. When you talk about a rookie outperforming Lafell. Could you show how many times each were targeted or bring up the fact that one is the number 1 wr option and the other is the 3rd or 4th option. Maybe use the situation both were in when making your stupid points.

#89 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Right, guys, remember it's Chud and the O-line's fault Brandon Lafell couldn't get constant separation from faster and stronger corners and often disappeared from games.

Show me film of this. Because I can show film of the Oline and a few dumb ass chud calls.

#90 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Dwayne Bowe pick 23 of te 2007 NFL Draft rookie season: 70 catches, 995 yards and 5tds
Percy Harvin pick 22 of the 2009 NFL Draft rookie season: 60 catches, 790 yards and 6tds
Dez Bryant pick 24 of the 2010 NFL Draft rookie season: 45 catches, 561 yards and 6tds (in 12 games, was injured iirc and had missed an entire season of football before.)
Torrey Smith pick 58 of the 2011 NFL Draft rookie season: 50 catches, 841 yards and 7tds
Kendall Wright pick 20 of te 2012 NFL Draft 64 catces, 626 yards and 4tds

There's plenty of other examples of WRs take outside the top 10 having good seasons but

yeah no if it's not Megatron don't draft a WR.

Most were way more talented then the WR's option in this draft. I also like how you bring up the Wr but not the situation. Most of those Wr came in as the number 1 or 2 option in their teams passing game. Here if they beat out Lafell (which some of you are real stupid in thinking that's a easy thing) for the 2nd spot. They still we be the 3rd to 4th option in the passing game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com