• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#161 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

He's the same size (one inch one way, a few pounds the other, but essentially the same size) as Hunter, but he's faster, quicker, and has better open-field vision. Those are the things you can't teach. Hunter's a more refined player now, but the difference in athleticism is where Patterson pulls ahead.

Also, you keep throwing out Hunter's stats, but without context. Three of his receiving touchdowns came against Troy. Three more came against Georgia State. One came against Akron. That leaves two (9 touchdowns, not ten like you've been saying).

From what I've seen it's a 4.43 to a 4.48 and again Hunter was coming off a ACL injury and wasn't at full speed most of the year.

Then I can throw out stats because they were on the "same team". It's not like they played different competition unless you include the "fact" that teams put their best CB on Hunter. Also you can see from the film that teams would often shade coverage and double team Hunter. So yes stats can be used in this debate.

#162 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

No I agree but I ask again what in your Breakdown can Hunter not do?
Beside the fact he is already a good route runner.

Hunter is taller longer and almost as fast (coming off a ACL injury) They weight about the same (4 or 5 pounds different). Hunter has a better vertical and can make jukes in the open field as well. Both can take a slant play to the house and Hunter gets more separation and respect from defenders. So again I ask what makes his upside less then Patterson?

I don't see it this way. I dunno I've watched several games of both. I just don't get that sense from Hunter. Maybe i need to watch more games. Patterson also looks more "solid" then Hunter if that makes sense. I know there build is about the same but Patterson looks "bigger." idk. fug it lets just draft one of them in the first and the other in the second.

#163 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

You can't honestly believe that Hunter has the same speed, quickness, and open-field running ability as Patterson.

Why can't i? I've already shown clips in this thread of Hunter jukeing the poo out of defender while running his route and after the catch. Patterson has more jukes but don't act like Hunter can't do it. And remember he was coming off a ACL and still able to make plays.

#164 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

I don't see it this way. I dunno I've watched several games of both. I just don't get that sense from Hunter. Maybe i need to watch more games. Patterson also looks more "solid" then Hunter if that makes sense. I know there build is about the same but Patterson looks "bigger." idk. fug it lets just draft one of them in the first and the other in the second.

He is thicker but Julio Jones is thicker then AJ Green both are very good Wr. Anquan Boldin is thicker then Randy Moss but who has been more injury prone?

#165 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

You act like having an ACL injury isnt a big deal? why would we draft a second round Gettis. we need all our picks to be hits and not misses. health is a big factor.

It's not with technology today and the fact he produced 1st round WR stats coming off that injury.

#166 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• LocationKinston, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

It's not with technology today and the fact he produced 1st round WR stats coming off that injury.

i know technology is more advance but that doesnt lessen the chance of re injury. RG3 tore his in college, cam back put up stellar stats, but eventually hurts it again. its always something that lingers. are we really in a position to take such a rish

#167 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Plain and simple we will find out about the speed from the a combine.

#168 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

i know technology is more advance but that doesnt lessen the chance of re injury. RG3 tore his in college, cam back put up stellar stats, but eventually hurts it again. its always something that lingers. are we really in a position to take such a rish

You can't say for sure it will happen again just like we can't say it won't happen to Pattetson. It's such a freak injury. But we do know that Hunter can produce great numbers when coming back from it.

And IMO I rather take the risk of Hunter in the 2nd round then a Patterson becoming a top flight WR with a top 15 pick.

#169 jarhead

jarhead

• Locationnear Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Its odd but w/o many talented qbs it is really hard to find a baller wr. My guess is we will see some great sleeper wr's in this draft I think Patterson will be very good.

#170 jungleking

jungleking

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Patterson just weighed in at 20 pounds more than Hunter. So much for that injury concern nonsense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users