Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gordon/Dunlap get into altercation

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I was worried about this happening eventually.

Dunleavy is a college coach. He's used to having full control. These aren't kids he's talking to.

I think the Bobcats hired this guy because they were so bad someone needed to come in at teach these kids discipline and re-teach them fundamentals for two years....THEN make their splash hire. A "stop gap" with mutual benefits. Dunleavy could parlay his NBA coaching time to a head coaching gig back in college. A school like Virginia Tech or some place like that.

They have a young team man and it's psyche has to be fragile. Don't need a guy like this messing up the young guys b/c they see him act like an asshole....it might rub off on them.

Kinda surprised by Gordon man. I thought he was better than this. It may just be his way of trying to blackball the team into trading him. Kinda like the shitstain Boris Diaw. I hate that guy.

Posted

Listen guys, I don't know why many of you haven't accepted this by now. Dunlap wasn't brought here to win games. He was brought here to teach these young guys fundamentals and prepare them for the next coach once we have assembled a team we feel we can win with. The front office knows what they want out of this season and they're on their way to getting it. It's to be in the lottery picks. You don't make an oddball hire like Dunlap because you want him to surprise the world and win the NBA championship.

Players are treating this team exactly like what it is.... a stop over in their career where hopefully they can get their game on track. Home of the misfit toys and destination of bad contracts for picks. There is nothing to respect about this team right now. We're in the middle of a tank mode right now. By the time we rebrand to the Hornets, it seems like the hope is that we can shed the era of the "Bobcats" entirely from the record of Charlotte basketball. I feel like that's probably why it hasn't already started.

Posted

You have to trade/ bench Gordon or you just encourage more of this kind of behavior. If they cant find a good trade offer I would be just fine with telling gordon to go home. Give his minutes to Taylor/ Henderson and move on, if he wants to take a buyout then he play again.

Posted

You have to trade/ bench Gordon or you just encourage more of this kind of behavior. If they cant find a good trade offer I would be just fine with telling gordon to go home. Give his minutes to Taylor/ Henderson and move on, if he wants to take a buyout then he play again.

Didn't they say that they're afraid that suspending Gordon would drop his trade value? I believe so. He's a goner by the deadline

Posted

Phil Riley and Dunleavey?