#46 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Dwan Edwards, even though I think Ron Edwards will be cut as well.

If we keep one of them, it will be Dwan. I think Ron will be gone after ending up on IR for the past 2 seasons.

#47 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

If we keep one of them, it will be Dwan. I think Ron will be gone after ending up on IR for the past 2 seasons.

Oh I agree. But he was asking who would Canty likely be replacing and my response was Dwan. Both play the 3-tech.

#48 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Oh I agree. But he was asking who would Canty likely be replacing and my response was Dwan. Both play the 3-tech.

Dwan is a free agent in 2013 so we likely are going to talk to both of them and may make an offer to one or the other. Who knows with Gettleman being new.

#49 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Dwan is a free agent in 2013 so we likely are going to talk to both of them and may make an offer to one or the other. Who knows with Gettleman being new.

Yeah I know. I would be fine with Canty or bringing back Dwan as long as the price is reasonable.

#50 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Canty isn't coming here. As much as I would LOVE him here, he's not going to sign. No money. -___-

#51 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Canty isn't coming here. As much as I would LOVE him here, he's not going to sign. No money. -___-

I think we'll have a little money to spend. Might not be a lot but we'll definitely have something to spend to bring in some quality FA. I don't think Canty will demand a huge salary, IMO.

#52 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

After looking over his stats at PFF he seems equally as solid against the run if not better as he does in pass rushing with last year being his best overall as a heavy rotational guy.

Its impossible to gauge how much of a factor Gettleman was in bringing Canty to NY in the first place but they did sign him to a pretty hefty deal when Gettleman was the head pro personel guy there. http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3944397

If we could roll with him and Dwan as our starters next year I'd be pretty happy with this, as it delays having to draft a DT early this year and allows us to focus on other needs for now. The pass rush from our front 4 could be deadly if everyone plays as well as they did last year.

#53 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

After looking over his stats at PFF he seems equally as solid against the run if not better as he does in pass rushing with last year being his best overall as a heavy rotational guy.

Its impossible to gauge how much of a factor Gettleman was in bringing Canty to NY in the first place but they did sign him to a pretty hefty deal when Gettleman was the head pro personel guy there. http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3944397

If we could roll with him and Dwan as our starters next year I'd be pretty happy with this, as it delays having to draft a DT early this year and allows us to focus on other needs for now. The pass rush from our front 4 could be deadly if everyone plays as well as they did last year.

Gettleman, as the pro personnel guy, probably made the recommendation to sign him in NY based on his, or one of his staff member's, evaluation and GM Jerry Reese executed the deal.

Another ironic tidbit in the Canty '09 signing link is that he was scheduled to visit Seattle but it was cancelled b/c they signed Colin Cole. Kinda weird that they might end up playing alongside each other in Carolina.

#54 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

I think we'll have a little money to spend. Might not be a lot but we'll definitely have something to spend to bring in some quality FA. I don't think Canty will demand a huge salary, IMO.

The way this year is shaping up, you may not need a lot of money to grab a decent player. This is a buyers market type year. If they want to come here, and are willing to take what we can give them. We should be able to upgrade a few positions without breaking the bank.

There is a poo ton of guys looking for work. The price is going down. Depends on what team pays first and who they pay on what market value will be. But I am seeing good value this year. Good for us and Gettlemen. He can pretty much jump right in and upgrade at his hearts content.

#55 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

How can such an average team be over the cap. So, we're paying guys to lose us games. For crying out loud!

#56 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Please make this happen, give him a 1 year deal.

#57 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,292 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

When was the last time we signed a vet that was telegraphed through the media to us?

Keyshawn.

#58 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

It would be good for us but because of that, it prob wont happen.

#59 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

How can such an average team be over the cap. So, we're paying guys to lose us games. For crying out loud!

Hurney(no explanation needed)...Chud(Read Option as base offense/4 WR sets with terrible oline)...Josh Norman as our starting CB...Nakamura as our starting Safety...Rivera taking WAY too long to reign in Chud and bench Norman and Nakamura. By then it was too late. The Perfect Storm of Suck. Our end of season turnaround could have happened alot sooner but Chud was too arrogant and Rivera was too meek or stubborn to make the changes sooner. Hurney set the stage for the mess by pumping all of our cap space into RB's and LB's to the detriment of every other position. I'm sure you were asking rhetorically, but fug it it's Friday, I'm not at work, and I ain't got sh#t to do...

#60 ForMac

ForMac

• ALL-PRO
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

New GM, might mean players that actually want to come here... may

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com