Photo
- - - - -

US government seeks to rein in executive pay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#11 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:00 PM

I say that government should start capping gov salaries. $100k sound good?

Too high.

#12 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

HUDDLER

I think cwg just posts silly poo to fug with everyone.

#13 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

HUDDLER

haha, you were for goverment control of what companies do with their money before you were against it.

slipperyslopetipoftheicebergFEARFEARFEARRRRRRRRR!

Relax, this is not going to happen, and if it does it will just be a suggestion or non binding - to keep reminding the CEOS that they need to at least keep up the appearance of giving a crap. many corporate leaders have been shamed into doing whats right because of negative media coverage, but once that goes away you can bet they will hop right back on the gravy train of screwing people over as early and often as possible unless there is some kind of feeback loop reminding them that they too are only human, like the rest of us.

Excuse me ... it wasn't the "companies'" money ....

#14 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:02 PM

haha, you were for goverment control of what companies do with their money before you were against it.

Relax, this is not going to happen, and if it does it will just be a suggestion or non binding - to keep reminding the CEOS that they need to at least keep up the appearance of giving a crap. many corporate leaders have been shamed into doing whats right because of negative media coverage, but once that goes away you can bet they will hop right back on the gravy train of screwing people over as early and often as possible unless there is some kind of feeback loop reminding them that they too are only human, like the rest of us.

Don't look up cuz teh sky is fallin'!

#15 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

"our" money has been going to fund some of the most stupid things since the beginning of the US Government... It's nothing new...

It's all theirs anyways, in the end, and the Fed says there isn't anything you can do about it!

#16 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

The difference is...I can choose to use the company that pays his CEO exhorbitant amounts...USUALLY. I have no choice w/ government...and that's my/our money. You should be more outraged at government salaries that are crazy. Car allowances. Pensions. Health insurance. Per diems. Let's really cut costs.

#17 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

Everybody wants to be a fatcat.

Everybody hates the fatcat cuz they're jealous.

I don't resent them as much as I do the government appointed chickensh*t flunkie.

#18 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

The difference is...I can choose to patronize the company that pays his CEO exhorbitant amounts...USUALLY. I have no choice w/ government...and that's my/our money. You should be more outraged at government salaries that are crazy. Car allowances. Pensions. Health insurance. Per diems. Let's really cut costs.

Yes... such as the State Legislators, who were not subject to the .5% salary decrease that I was, get $107 a day per diem, a salary, another monthly travel budget of over $500, get to have "closed" sessions (overtime), and somehow never finish the budget in their 100 day legislative calendar (allowing more overtime)...

#19 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

The difference is...I can choose to use the company that pays his CEO exhorbitant amounts...USUALLY. I have no choice w/ government...and that's my/our money. You should be more outraged at government salaries that are crazy. Car allowances. Pensions. Health insurance. Per diems. Let's really cut costs.

Sure, but I doubt government salaries are really that big of a chunk of the government's total expenses.

I could have lived without bailing out some of these dipshits. Throwing good money after bad far outweighs the total amount of gov't salaries.

#20 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

Yes... such as the State Legislators, who were not subject to the .5% salary decrease that I was, get $107 a day per diem, a salary, another monthly travel budget of over $500, get to have "closed" sessions (overtime), and somehow never finish the budget in their 100 day legislative calendar (allowing more overtime)...

I say if they can't balance the budget without tax increases they are in breach of contract with their constituents and don't deserve any perks...just a base $50k salary. Sound good?

Companies lay off...so should government...it's not the job lottery.