#1 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

..just dont know which, any recommendations? I am trying to stay under $700, but its hard to say that when I dont know exactly what Im going to get. Here are the points Im pondering...

-In my 'My 1st firarm' thread, somebody stated that I should stay away from PGOs, and I absolutely see their logic. I can always get a folding stock if I want to shoot a pistol-grip, but I have really been liking the pistol-grip with a stock..

-I want American made, but I do understand that other countries do make quality firearms. I just prefer a good ol' Made in the U.S.A. piece, I drive a Dodge & the wife drives a Chevy...

-Pump-action or semi-auto? Here is my biggest discrepancy. While semi-auto is nice, there aint a person breakin into houses that doesnt know the CHUK-SHUK! of a shotty gettin ready to fire...

What say yous? Any advice is appreciated. Please keep the political/anti-gun talk somewhere else, I am genuinely lookin for advice & words-of-wisdom. Thanks....

#2 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,128 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

give me da bitch

#3 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

#4 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,500 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

http://www.carolinah...ge__hl__defense

:thumbsu:

#5 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,980 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

Thanks KG, completely forgot about that thread...

#6 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

..just dont know which, any recommendations? I am trying to stay under $700, but its hard to say that when I dont know exactly what Im going to get. Here are the points Im pondering...

-In my 'My 1st firarm' thread, somebody stated that I should stay away from PGOs, and I absolutely see their logic. I can always get a folding stock if I want to shoot a pistol-grip, but I have really been liking the pistol-grip with a stock..

-I want American made, but I do understand that other countries do make quality firearms. I just prefer a good ol' Made in the U.S.A. piece, I drive a Dodge & the wife drives a Chevy...

-Pump-action or semi-auto? Here is my biggest discrepancy. While semi-auto is nice, there aint a person breakin into houses that doesnt know the CHUK-SHUK! of a shotty gettin ready to fire...

What say yous? Any advice is appreciated. Please keep the political/anti-gun talk somewhere else, I am genuinely lookin for advice & words-of-wisdom. Thanks....

Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical is what u want bro.

Sounds like you're looking for a home defense Shotty? If so this is the one.

Link: http://www.remington...g-tactical.aspx

I did tons of research prior to buying mine. All the bad stuff were first gen problems that have long been fixed! Mine shoots like a dream... And it shoots 2 3/4, 3, and 3 1/2 inch shells interchangeably (one right after another) without swapping barrels. It can also shoot slug.

It's everything u need for a home defense/anything Shotty. I mean it comes stock with the mag extender, picatinny rail, and the ported "breaching" choke.

I love mine... Know many people who have purchased one since both seeing and shooting mine.

And don't believe the 870 hype. Unless u have an old one, the new ones are NOT made with the same quality. Still great Shotty, but people get hung up on the history of a good name a little too much without conducting proper research.

Get the 887 Nitro Mag Tactical and u won't be disappointed.

#7 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

Posted Image

From my post on the old thread. Benelli M2 Tactical. Very nice, comfortable and just a hair over 6 lbs, which makes it light enough along with its shorter length for the wife...

...but it is a little pricey starting at around $1400.

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

Remington 870 tactical.

The sound of it alone will scare most intruders off.

#9 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 10,463 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

I'm about to get a shotgun and I will get Remington 870 tactical.

#10 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Look into the H&R Pardner Pump Protector.

#11 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,334 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

Look into the H&R Pardner Pump Protector.

A exact clone of the 870. 870 accessories will fit it. Remington now owns h and r. Brand new for under 200.

#12 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Honestly, don't buy a tactical, just get a regular shotgun that is pump action.

At least then you can still use it to bird hunt.

A Mossberg is what I would go with. Much better safety location, and I have shot thousands of shells from mine with no issues.

http://www.mossberg....l-purpose/55121

#13 YourManInAmsterdam

YourManInAmsterdam

Might Be Drunk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam, Netherlands

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

I've owned both an 870 and an Ithaca 37 Featherlite police special. Was happy with both.

#14 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

http://guns.findtheb...xpress-Tactical

Here's a site you can compare guns... I've linked my reasons for owning the Benelli over the Remington 870- just look at the comparison. I was used to a pump, but have grown to like to recoil action.

And the Benelli has a 5-year warranty while the Remi is a 2-year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.