Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thinking of getting a shotty....

14 posts in this topic

Posted

..just dont know which, any recommendations? I am trying to stay under $700, but its hard to say that when I dont know exactly what Im going to get. Here are the points Im pondering...

-In my 'My 1st firarm' thread, somebody stated that I should stay away from PGOs, and I absolutely see their logic. I can always get a folding stock if I want to shoot a pistol-grip, but I have really been liking the pistol-grip with a stock..

-I want American made, but I do understand that other countries do make quality firearms. I just prefer a good ol' Made in the U.S.A. piece, I drive a Dodge & the wife drives a Chevy...

-Pump-action or semi-auto? Here is my biggest discrepancy. While semi-auto is nice, there aint a person breakin into houses that doesnt know the CHUK-SHUK! of a shotty gettin ready to fire...

What say yous? Any advice is appreciated. Please keep the political/anti-gun talk somewhere else, I am genuinely lookin for advice & words-of-wisdom. Thanks....

Posted

give me da bitch

Posted

Posted

:thumbsu:

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks KG, completely forgot about that thread...

Posted

..just dont know which, any recommendations? I am trying to stay under $700, but its hard to say that when I dont know exactly what Im going to get. Here are the points Im pondering...

-In my 'My 1st firarm' thread, somebody stated that I should stay away from PGOs, and I absolutely see their logic. I can always get a folding stock if I want to shoot a pistol-grip, but I have really been liking the pistol-grip with a stock..

-I want American made, but I do understand that other countries do make quality firearms. I just prefer a good ol' Made in the U.S.A. piece, I drive a Dodge & the wife drives a Chevy...

-Pump-action or semi-auto? Here is my biggest discrepancy. While semi-auto is nice, there aint a person breakin into houses that doesnt know the CHUK-SHUK! of a shotty gettin ready to fire...

What say yous? Any advice is appreciated. Please keep the political/anti-gun talk somewhere else, I am genuinely lookin for advice & words-of-wisdom. Thanks....

Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical is what u want bro.

Sounds like you're looking for a home defense Shotty? If so this is the one.

Link: http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model-887/model-887-nitro-mag-tactical.aspx

I did tons of research prior to buying mine. All the bad stuff were first gen problems that have long been fixed! Mine shoots like a dream... And it shoots 2 3/4, 3, and 3 1/2 inch shells interchangeably (one right after another) without swapping barrels. It can also shoot slug.

It's everything u need for a home defense/anything Shotty. I mean it comes stock with the mag extender, picatinny rail, and the ported "breaching" choke.

I love mine... Know many people who have purchased one since both seeing and shooting mine.

And don't believe the 870 hype. Unless u have an old one, the new ones are NOT made with the same quality. Still great Shotty, but people get hung up on the history of a good name a little too much without conducting proper research.

Get the 887 Nitro Mag Tactical and u won't be disappointed.

1 person likes this

Posted

silo_502_m2_nfa_12_syn_pg_defense.jpg

From my post on the old thread. Benelli M2 Tactical. Very nice, comfortable and just a hair over 6 lbs, which makes it light enough along with its shorter length for the wife...

...but it is a little pricey starting at around $1400.

1 person likes this

Posted

Remington 870 tactical.

The sound of it alone will scare most intruders off.

Posted

I'm about to get a shotgun and I will get Remington 870 tactical.

Posted

Look into the H&R Pardner Pump Protector.

Posted

Look into the H&R Pardner Pump Protector.

A exact clone of the 870. 870 accessories will fit it. Remington now owns h and r. Brand new for under 200.

1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly, don't buy a tactical, just get a regular shotgun that is pump action.

At least then you can still use it to bird hunt.

A Mossberg is what I would go with. Much better safety location, and I have shot thousands of shells from mine with no issues.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/shotguns-pump-action-mossberg-flex-flex-500-all-purpose/55121

1 person likes this