20 replies to this topic

#1 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, he needs to be developed, I know he only played one year, He has a lot of criticism, the criticism and doubt reminds me of the same criticism and doubt that surrounded Cam in 2010. I think we can fill the DT, OL, and other needs in the free agency and the rest of the draft. Our defense was developing very well last year, Cam needs a WR like this and the Panthers need it long term for when the day comes that Steve can't be Steve anymore.

#2 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,233 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

After the bickering back in forth for weeks, this is just what we needed.

#3 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

playmakers and multi-threat players like him make the players around him better because defenses always have to be accounting for him. it would be like having a dual threat WR to go along with your dual threat QB. how could that be a bad thing?

and then add in that we'd have a legit return man....which we don't have.

and for the next few years he'd absolutely be doing returns. guys with his skill set you find as many ways to get the ball in his hands as possible.

#4 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

the more I think about it, the more I'm on board with taking this guy in the first

#5 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

to all you haters..

Posted Image

#6 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Never mind let's start more "we love Patterson Threads".

#7 ncsu12engr

ncsu12engr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Not sure why another thread was started but I would not be disappointed if we picked him in the first. I don't think he will fall to us, but if he does I think we should definitely jump on the opportunity to take the best WR in this draft class.

#8 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

the more I think about it, the more I'm on board with taking this guy in the first

yep. my discussions have been more just to talk about why he shouldn't be ruled out in the first or really just WR, tbh. i wasn't any more sold on him or WR than safety, DT, or OL, but the more I've looked at him, the more i like this idea. he'd be a huge pick up for us. i just don't see him lasting till 14 so none of it really matters, tho. just as long as we dont ignore WR again and pick one up in the first couple rounds or pick up a solid WR in FA (but I'd still us rather address OL and DT in FA).

my hope has been all along some combo of FS and WR in the first couple rounds. right now my favorite pick is patterson in the first.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Never mind let's start more "we love Patterson Threads".

just wait until i start mine. it will be the most awesome one of all.

#10 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

yep. my discussions have been more just to talk about why he shouldn't be ruled out in the first or really just WR, tbh. i wasn't any more sold on him or WR than safety, DT, or OL, but the more I've looked at him, the more i like this idea. he'd be a huge pick up for us. i just don't see him lasting till 14 so none of it really matters, tho. just as long as we dont ignore WR again and pick one up in the first couple rounds or pick up a solid WR in FA (but I'd still us rather address OL and DT in FA).

my hope has been all along some combo of FS and WR in the first couple rounds. right now my favorite pick is patterson in the first.

I still want to get a young DT and Olinemen out of this deep class no matter what we do in FA.

#11 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,112 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

6'3 wr with that agility and those return skills is pretty rare, havent given him much consideration up until this point

#12 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

I still want to get a young DT and Olinemen out of this deep class no matter what we do in FA.

we can still do that in the 2nd round

#13 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

we can still do that in the 2nd round

I don't care when you do it. It just needs to be done. I'd rather spend FA money (if we have any) on a vet CB and OG. Both which are deep this year in FA.

#14 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,233 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

that cordarrelle so hot right now, cordarrelle.

#15 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

that cordarrelle so hot right now, cordarrelle.

He better catch 60 plus balls and produce 7-8 TD or we will have threads about another WR next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.