Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hardest things to do in videogames

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Ive got to go with leading a top tier raid in Vanilla & BC WoW. The organization and planning that went into 40 man raiding along with the situational awareness to manage the group during an encounter was by far the hardest thing Ive ever done in a game.

Unlike most games that you can practice until you succeed, WoW raid leading was very unforgiving. You might get between 5 and 10 shots at getting your poo together before you were demoted and likely couldn't get a second chance with the same group. Very sink or swim.

Yeah if people feel like things are headed in the wrong direction they will bail out. It's tough to command respect for a prolonged period of time without slipping due to your own life.

Posted

One of the hardest things I can remember is in COD4. The Chernobyl level by the ferris wheel where you have to hold off an attack while waiting for the chopper. I can't tell you how many times I died on that level.

Posted

Also the Control Room in Goldeneye was INSANELY hard. I think I actually stole my neighbors game genie to beat that part.

Posted

And as far as an actual gameplay example (as opposed to the cat herding that is leading a raid) of the hardest thing do do...

Pilot this bitch on the Veteran setting

side_open_pod_on_white.jpg

pod_interior.jpg

http://getinthepods.com/

http://en.wikipedia....tleTech_Centers

Dave & Busters in Atl had a dozen of them and on Vet settings it was almost impossible to do anything but cook off your own ammo and set of a chain reaction that ended in your mech exploding.

Posted

i hear Eve is pretty hard.

Posted

A lot of newer games just aren't as difficult as they used to be. The older Total War games would sometimes put you in really tricky situations that were hard to get out of but the latest is more like - you ran out of food supplies, you're fuged, start over, don't ever do that again.

There was one point in Far Cry 3 that I guess you could consider 'difficult' but really it was just annoying. It was the part where you have to protect the guy fixing the plane. The last 'phase' of that you needed to clear out the rest of the enemies and they had a tendency to ignore you and shoot the guy you have to protect.

Posted

A lot of newer games just aren't as difficult as they used to be. The older Total War games would sometimes put you in really tricky situations that were hard to get out of but the latest is more like - you ran out of food supplies, you're fuged, start over, don't ever do that again.

There was one point in Far Cry 3 that I guess you could consider 'difficult' but really it was just annoying. It was the part where you have to protect the guy fixing the plane. The last 'phase' of that you needed to clear out the rest of the enemies and they had a tendency to ignore you and shoot the guy you have to protect.

I think in general they have intentionally lowered the difficulty of games for broader appeal, I personally hate that they have been doing this because in some cases like Splinter Cell, it completely ruined what was a great game franchise

Posted

Any COD on highest difficulty is pretty damn hard.

Specifically, WaW had a jap mission in caves that gave me fits. Took me like 5 hours to do one damn mission.

Posted

Posted

I would say turning off an addicting one is probably one of the hardest.

Posted

Finding time to play them, at least for me.

When I did have time to play the God of War Challenge of the Gods were ridiculous.

Posted

I bought Forza Horizon and drove my way to the final boss. After about 10 tries I realized it was impossible unless you just hope he wrecks.

And that was on automatic with asissts on.