#17 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,073 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Everette Brown because of what we traded for him.

#18 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,962 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

I made a very lengthy post once about how Clausen was the best choice at that time.

We needed a QB BADLY, took him, and look at the rest of the players from that draft and it is not like we passed up on anyone worth a damn.

Yeah, it isn't like there were pro bowlers like Graham, Bowman, Hernandez, Atkins, Chancellor, etc drafted after him.

Or solid diverse guys like a Jacoby Ford either.

Clausen was a horrible pick and that isnt hindsight.

#19 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Either Clausen or Jarrett.

#20 AvatarBlock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

No mention of Otah yet? Pretty big bust.

#21 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,962 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Not a miss on talent. Arguably one of the best RTs in the NFL when on the field.

#22 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Eh, he was only a bust by his own choice to me, though. Never stayed in shape. 08, he was considered one of, if not THE, best young RTs in the game. Then he got lazy, which lead to injuries, which lead to not caring, which lead to him being shipped out of here.

When I think "bust", I'm thinking "never lived up to the hype". Clausen has been covered earlier in the thread (we all agree he was a bust).

Jarrett was drawing REALLY heavy comparisons to some big names like Keyshawn. He had me all kinds of excited. He just never showed up at this level.

Everette Brown had flashes, but same story as Jarrett.

#23 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Shula Bowl Shuffle

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,937 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

otah could have been as good as any RT in the league. he either didn't have the want-to or was too unlucky with injuries or some combination of both.

#24 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,269 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Rashard Anderson

#25 AvatarBlock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Eh, he was only a bust by his own choice to me, though. Never stayed in shape. 08, he was considered one of, if not THE, best young RTs in the game. Then he got lazy, which lead to injuries, which lead to not caring, which lead to him being shipped out of here.

When I think "bust", I'm thinking "never lived up to the hype". Clausen has been covered earlier in the thread (we all agree he was a bust).

Jarrett was drawing REALLY heavy comparisons to some big names like Keyshawn. He had me all kinds of excited. He just never showed up at this level.

Everette Brown had flashes, but same story as Jarrett.

He was only a bust "by his own choice?" Meaning he lacked the desire to play football, which means he had serious intangible issues that Hurney failed to identify. So is JaMarcus Russell a bust in your eyes, or was it just "his own choice?"

#26 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,269 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

It's hard to pick just one but Everette Brown and Jason Peter have to be near the top of the list.

#27 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Jeff Otah.

#28 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

He was only a bust "by his own choice?" Meaning he lacked the desire to play football, which means he had serious intangible issues that Hurney failed to identify. So is JaMarcus Russell a bust in your eyes, or was it just "his own choice?"

Russell might have been able to be decent had he had the work ethic for the NFL level. We will never know. I'm saying, when I hear "bust", I hear "didn't have the ability to perform the game, despite the hype that they did". Otah had the ability, but lacked the work ethic. So, while he didn't pan out, it wasn't because he wasn't as good as advertised as a player at his position, it was because he wasn't as hard a worker as needed.

#29 DFive

DFive

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Marty Hurney

#30 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,962 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Russell might have been able to be decent had he had the work ethic for the NFL level. We will never know. I'm saying, when I hear "bust", I hear "didn't have the ability to perform the game, despite the hype that they did". Otah had the ability, but lacked the work ethic. So, while he didn't pan out, it wasn't because he wasn't as good as advertised as a player at his position, it was because he wasn't as hard a worker as needed.

Russell was a bust when on the field....Otah dominated most of the time when on the field. That is a noted difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com