Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Your thoughts?

#2 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Very good. I had questions about his strength, but he's doing all the right things at the combine to alleviate those worries. He'll be an excellent RG in the NFL because he can handle those 3 techniques. He's on my short-list.

#3 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Really talented player. I think he has the ability to play all 3 interior positions. I wouldn't mind him at 14 at all.

#4 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Really talented player. I think he has the ability to play all 3 interior positions. I wouldn't mind him at 14 at all.

This has to catch our eyes. Moving RG to C and then LG. Sounds like a big plus. If I am not mistaken Geofff Hang is a FA? To lazy to check.

#5 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

He lifted well at the combine, but strength and power arent really his game. He's built for a pure ZBS

#6 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

He lifted well at the combine, but strength and power arent really his game. He's built for a pure ZBS

What do you mean by ZBS? He's raw, but raw is good right? I hope NFL conditioning would help as well.

#7 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

What do you mean by ZBS? He's raw, but raw is good right? I hope NFL conditioning would help as well.

Zone blocking scheme, he's athletic and moves well laterally. It'll be harder for him to move NFL DTs running straight at them. Travis bond(unc's other guard) is pure power and could be a steal in the later rounds

#8 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

oh yeah bond is very underrated.

but all in all cooper is a great guy...i feel like this oline and dline class is off the charts so i would not rush a pick....unless its a sure fire LT or star falls to 14.

#9 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

This seems like a good draft for lineman, we could stand to grab at least three

#10 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Cooper is a very good player, but I'm not sure he fits for us. He projects as a LG because of his more technical, finesse skillset, and we already have Silatolu there. Of course I don't see why Silatolu couldn't necessarily move to RG, but this fact could come into play with whether we would take him. I also think that we may be a little high for him, as even though he's in top fifteen, top twenty talk now, generally that hype doesn't necessarily amount to anything come draft day for guards.

#11 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

If we somehow managed to trade back into the 20-25 range and Cooper was on the board and BPA...I'd pull the trigger. Then use the extra 2nd or 3rd to address DT/WR.

#12 Moose Hoover

Moose Hoover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

He looked good, I'm hoping maybe he'll be the first G taken and we might have a chance at Chance.

#13 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

If we somehow managed to trade back into the 20-25 range and Cooper was on the board and BPA...I'd pull the trigger. Then use the extra 2nd or 3rd to address DT/WR.

Smart Idea. To be honest I am content with everything in place. Seems like Gettleman knows what hes doing with free agents and our own players. I would not be surprised if we traded down or some sort.

#14 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Great prospect!
Instant plug and play starter Day1.

Though I have a very hard time believing that Gettleman will take an OL in the 1st. It's just not his philosophy. DT (Star, Floyd, Sheldon) will be the pick at 14, if not Vaccaro. A Touchdown guy will be the pick at 44 (WR/TE).

#15 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Bond is definitely underrated. He would be a great addition in the later rounds. He's a guy that can be a starter at OG and swing out to RT in spot duty. I think Cooper can play in either a zone or power scheme. He played in a power pro style scheme for 3 years at UNC. I really like all the OL from UNC. Brennan Williams is another guy to keep an eye on. If Alabama had the best OL in the country, then UNC was 1B. Very talented group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com