Photo
- - - - -

Ezekiel Ansah

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

dallas thomas(played LT before but injured) , terron armstead(small school guy). brennan williams(some say he could play LT but has injury)

but all those guys have BIG questions...... and its very hard to find a LT in the later rounds unless you get lucky....panthers might have a chance with getting one of the 3 top LT........

they could go after brandon albert because he might not be tagged but that would COST TOO MUCH money i think.......

i guess you guys think a top rated de can be more effective than a top rated dt.....

im not against ansah and i know he has a lot of potential......but its a bit easier to find a RAW de with lots of upside in the later rounds than it is to find a LT in the later rounds like that.

#32 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I would take a shot at Brennan Williams in the later rounds, and Thomas is a better guard than tackle

#33 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

He did Jack poo at BYU, had a good senior bowl and good combine, lets draft him in the first round. NO thanks.

#34 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

He did Jack poo at BYU, had a good senior bowl and good combine, lets draft him in the first round. NO thanks.

sorry you don't see what many others already see. you probably didn't like A. Smith coming out of mizzu either.

#35 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,510 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

After his Combine most sites and such have him rated around the 10-15th prospect in the draft.

His 10 yard split is the biggest thing to take from the combine of 1.56 seconds. That is freaking ridiculous.

He's only played football for 2 years and he's not completely raw or lost on the field.

He started in only 9 games and had 62 tackles with 4.5 sacks and 13 TFL and led the team in QB pressures. I wouldn't exactly call that doing nothing at BYU.

He can also play all three rush spots, 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB. BYU also lined him up quite a bit at NT as well.

#36 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

If we did not draft Coples last season, I am confident that we are content with the guys on the roster and with the addition of Alexander.

#37 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

If we did not draft Coples last season, I am confident that we are content with the guys on the roster and with the addition of Alexander.

It's a different regime, though. That's not the way that Gettleman appears to do things.

#38 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Pretty sure Kuechly is why we didn't draft Coples.

#39 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Pretty sure Kuechly is why we didn't draft Coples.

We would've drafted Barron if he was available.

#40 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

We would've drafted Barron if he was available.

Then that makes at least 2 players ahead of Coples on the Panthers big board last year.

#41 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

sorry you don't see what many others already see. you probably didn't like A. Smith coming out of mizzu either.

He had more production.

#42 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,510 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

He had more production.

Lol, no he didn't. Unless you count both of Aldon Smith's years compared to just 9 starts for ansah.

Smith - 48 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 int in 2010 in 10 games. Had a better 2009 then 2010 though. 68 tackles 11 sacks, 19 tfl with 1 ff. He's also been playing longer and had actually seen football as a sport.

Ansah - in his first year starting and just 2 years of football period he put up 62 tckles, 13 tfl, 4.5 sacks, 9 pb and led his team in pressures even though Van Noy had 13.5 sacks. He did that with only seeing 9 starts.

#43 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

I wouldn't mind him or Datone Jones for that matter. We still need a NT but a DE/DT like him could help out Hardy & Alexander in particular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com