Photo
- - - - -

Does the 40 yard dash time really matter when it comes to a wide receiver in the nfl?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

They should make them run in pads

this, kinda.......

the 40 yrd dash in some ways IMO is one of the most overrated things in the NFL Combine, no player is going to run as fast or the same in pads, and they also usually don't only run 40 yrds heck LB'ers never run 40 yrds in the NFL unless there has been a broken play, in which case they will probably get burned anyways.

I would like to know if Thomas Davis has a good 40 time right now, I doubt it but still a hell of a player regardless of what his 40 is.

#47 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,814 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Thomas Davis is still one of the fastest Panthers.

#48 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'd rather them run the 40 out of a football stance and in pads rather than out of a track stance in shorts and a t-shirt. But yeah, straight line 40 yard speed out of a track stance with no interference doesn't really translate to a football game.

#49 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

The 40 says so much. You have the different splits out of it. Smitty is a type of receiver that moves fluidly and accelerates to full speed so quickly. Compare that to a dude that looks like his head is going to explode and might get a 4.3-4.4....but no one runs like that with pads on and maintains control through routes. It's how they run the 40 just as much as it is the time. When Calvin Johnson came out and can run what he did and make it look effortless...that's special.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com