Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coach Rivera hints at signing Mike Wallace (edited to include link)

147 posts in this topic

Posted

Henderson is maybe average maybe and Jennings is about to turn 30. Wallace is 26 one of the top receivers (and still growing) in the game and is a perfect fit for this offense.

If you were given the choice between the 3 and didn't take him you should be barred from the sport.

Posted

I am intrigued by Jennings. Anybody know how much is he asking for?

Don't know what he is asking...but I would assume he would be more costly than Wallace.

Its been reported he wants 14 mil a year

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/greg-jennings-reportedly-wants-14-million-per-season/

Posted

Its been reported he wants 14 mil a year

http://profootballzo...ion-per-season/

That is insane. Nevermind. I was thinking 7 or 8.

Posted

That is insane. Nevermind. I was thinking 7 or 8.

he hasn't played a full season in 3 years and is over 30. I wouldn't even give him that.

Posted

he hasn't played a full season in 3 years and is over 30. I wouldn't even give him that.

I thought he was 29. I know he missed a few games last year. He is a great receiver, but i don't see anyone giving him that. That is crazy talk.

Posted

I thought he was 29. I know he missed a few games last year. He is a great receiver, but i don't see anyone giving him that. That is crazy talk.

You're right. For some reason had 32 in my head... And he missed half the season. Played in 8 games last year. To come out asking Megatron money is just what you said, crazy. Between the two and their price tags give me Wallace 10 times outta 10.

Posted

Greg Jennings is out of his mind if he thinks a almost 30 yr old receiver is worth that much, especially one that's only been good because of his QB play and a throw every down offense.

Posted

Greg Jennings is out of his mind if he thinks a almost 30 yr old receiver is worth that much, especially one that's only been good because of his QB play and a throw every down offense.

And coming off an injury plagued year

Posted

The only WR in the league who could even ask for $14M a year and not look certifiably insane is Megatron and I'm not even sure that he's worth THAT much.

Posted

You must read too much into that, because he said nothing of the sort.

Posted

That's how I see it.

If true, it might indicate Gettleman's not overly impressed with our current stable.

I wouldn't be either. Still, I don't expect a major WR signing this year. We're short on cash and OL is just a bigger need no matter how you spin it. I don't expect the panthers to sign anyone that'll cost more than 3 mil this year.

Posted

I'm just going to say this...

Wallace to the right, Lafell to the left....

And smitty gets a nickel back.

Then there's Cam, DWill, JStew, and Tolbert

Oh yeah, and then there's Olsen.