Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coach Rivera hints at signing Mike Wallace (edited to include link)

147 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes, i know. I was talking about the last half of the season when he could have at least gone in there for a couple of plays. I was hinting at his relationship with Rivera.

The guy is big and fast and people rave about his route running his major fault is he happens to be a body catcher.

Posted

Also this could be taken more as "we are looking at FA WR's" than "We are looking at signing Mike Wallace".

Could just as easily be Steve Breaston lol.

this is what I'm thinking .

Posted

Marty Hurney drafted 2 WRs. LaFell and Jarrett...and never a 1st rounder on one.

The rest where shots in the dark or meant to be heavy special team players.

Keary Colbert

Posted

Us getting Mike Wallace is not the point. The fact that we are seriously considering him is.

Posted

Keary Colbert

I forgot about Mr. Drop and Smile...

So 3. In a decade he drafted 3 WRs....never using a 1st. Rest where shots in the dark.

Posted

Marty Hurney drafted 2 WRs. LaFell and Jarrett...and never a 1st rounder on one.

The rest where shots in the dark or meant to be heavy special team players.

Can't go into any thread now days withoutbsomeone blaming everything on Hurney. Fox is so thankful that you have another target for misplaced anger.

Saying Hurney never drafted a #1 receiver is such a general statement.

Hurney had the luxury of having Steve Smith.

Ya don't waste high picks on receivers when Steve Smith is on your team, and there have been other needs. I can't even think of a receiver that was BPA when we've picked in the first rounds.

He drafted receivers. Is it his fault they didn't work out? evidently yes.

Never mind Scouts do most of the actual work of scouting players.

I can go on with more points that destroy your opinion, but I must get back to work.

Posted

Sign Wallace and still draft Austin at 14 would be love then OL or Secondary in the second round.

Posted

Can't go into any thread now days withoutbsomeone blaming everything on Hurney. Fox is so thankful that you have another target for misplaced anger.

Saying Hurney never drafted a #1 receiver is such a general statement.

Hurney had the luxury of having Steve Smith.

Ya don't waste high picks on receivers when Steve Smith is on your team, and there have been other needs. I can't even think of a receiver that was BPA when we've picked in the first rounds.

He drafted receivers. Is it his fault they didn't work out? evidently yes.

Never mind Scouts do most of the actual work of scouting players.

I can go on with more points that destroy your opinion, but I must get back to work.

Hurney got fired for a reason. Our team is in cap hell and with holes all over it for a reason.....Implying Hurney doesn't deserve poo is poo.

Teams that want WRs.....move to get them. Tons of examples of that.

It is flawed to just say look at the draft order in year X and claim there wasn't a WR to take. Hurney moved and traded picks very questionably. Take 2009 for example...late first round had Maclin, Harvin, Nicks, Britt go off the board. How nice would Nicks of been? I can't keep track....did position for one of those guys go toward Otah or Brown?

Also, you can look in our own division to disprove your, if you have Steve Smith you don't need to draft recievers. Atl had Roddy White.....gave up an arm and a leg for Jones.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hurney got fired for a reason. Our team is in cap hell and with holes all over it for a reason.....Implying Hurney doesn't deserve poo is poo.

Exactly. How people can defend Hurney is beyond my comprehension. That guy has our *** in a ringer for the next 3 years and people still want to defend a guy who was attempting to trade up to get Jimmy Clausen. The guy publicly defended his own draft picks by giving them ridiculous contracts (I'm looking at you Godfrey!).

Posted

Teams that want WRs.....move to get them. Tons of examples of that.

It is flawed to just say look at the draft order in year X and claim there wasn't a WR to take. Hurney moved and traded picks very questionably. Take 2009 for example...late first round had Maclin, Harvin, Nicks, Britt go off the board. How nice would Nicks of been? I can't keep track....did position for one of those guys go toward Otah or Brown?

Amazing, how many people are still willing to defend Fox and Hurney, I am truly baffled at it.

Posted

Not defending Hurney. Just laughing all the hate and blame he gets over fans perceptions of things.

Posted

I was hoping for Al Wallace