Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Cordarrelle fan club what's going on with his stock?

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Espn has him dropping and ranked as the 4th best Wr now

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8998378/2013-nfl-draft-todd-mcshay-updated-top-32

This might be good news for you.

Posted · Report post

Stopped reading at ESPN, sorry Nancy

Posted · Report post

People actually pay for that espn insider/ espn mag subscription garbage???? Lmao.

The combine moved him into top 10 range, he might slip to Carolina though. Not much more then that.

Posted · Report post

Heard he was hurting himself in the interviews.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='OnlyPantherFaninMaine' timestamp='1362126124' post='2148301']
Heard he was hurting himself in the interviews.
[/quote]

Yea, I read the same thing. Read that he came off as immature and not a student of the game.

Posted · Report post

LOLLLL

Posted · Report post

Yea right

Posted · Report post

Prob with Patterson is that he is as raw as they come as a WR. Routes need work, hands need work, ect.

There are guys that are a lot more polished and can come in and make an immediate impact right away.

Posted · Report post

Here's basically the strengths and weaknesses from his Combine performance;

+ Great size- did come in a little shorter than expected, but also more compact.
+ Great athleticism- he ran a good 40 time for his size.

- Hand size- only 9.08", that's pretty small, particularly for his size, and only deepens questions about his catching ability.
- Catching- I just mentioned it, he dropped a lot of passes and relied a lot on body catches for those he didn't.
- Route-running- very sloppy and unpolished, although this was expected to a large degree.
- Interviews- simply no one is coming away impressed with him, and teams do value this stage of the process.

Overall, he definitely did not improve his stock, more likely worsened it just a bit. As of now I wouldn't expect him to be a top ten pick, although Miami is still a very reasonable option for him.

Posted · Report post

Nice post OHK

Not a fan. He was a good YAC guy in college, buy he's a body catcher. Rarely see him win the ball in the air against the DB. Would rather have Tavon Austin considering the fact that he's an even more dynamic YAC guy with better receiver skills.

Posted · Report post

I think the sky is the limit with this guy.

He has to go to the right situation, to a team with a good/charismatic (i.e. able to convince him that he needs work) WR coach.

Physically he has it all.

I think even if he busts as a WR you've still got yourself a Pro Bowl calibre return man.

Posted · Report post

Charles Davis disagrees with you and ESPN.

Posted · Report post

I've never been a Patterson guy despite the hype. Not enough production and to raw for my taste. I'd take Austin, Hunter and Allen over him even if he was still there. Plus Hunter will probably still be there in the second and offer a much better value.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='JawnyBlaze' timestamp='1362130490' post='2148306']

Yea, I read the same thing. Read that he came off as immature and not a student of the game.
[/quote]

Link? Just curious

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Gabeking' timestamp='1362172886' post='2149008']
Link? Just curious
[/quote]

I'll try to find it.

edit: there's this one, but it doesn't go into specifics: [url="http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Players-that-did-not-shine-at-Sundays-Combine-workout.html"]http://www.nationalf...ne-workout.html[/url]

Might have been in a video, which will make those specific comments hard to find.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DaCityKats' timestamp='1362166620' post='2148868']
Charles Davis disagrees with you and ESPN.
[/quote]

Heh, I'm not really for or against Patterson, I wouldn't hate the pick if we took him in the first, but Charles Davis is the second worst commentator behind only Charlie Casserly.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='JawnyBlaze' timestamp='1362176389' post='2149107']

Heh, I'm not really for or against Patterson, I wouldn't hate the pick if we took him in the first, but Charles Davis is the second worst commentator behind only Charlie Casserly.
[/quote]

My only problem with C Davis is I've never heard him say a bad thing about any prospect. Maybe he has but I've never seen him do it. He seem to like every guy who comes out.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='JawnyBlaze' timestamp='1362176389' post='2149107']

[/quote]
that i cannot agree with, i would much rather listen to him then a lot of commentator out there. KKL the draft process is about finding out what a player does best, and how that translate to your team on the next level, not if you like him or not. CD most of the time says the strengths of a player and pushes those rather then go mostly negative.

Posted · Report post

I cringe every time Davis is commentating a game the Panthers are watching. He just regurgitates fads and hypes and rarely seems to have any insight of his own and the way he talks sounds like he thinks he is educating everyone on some genius insight but it's usually just incredibly ignorant and shallow opinions.

Posted · Report post

For what it's worth, I can't say I have an opinion on Davis' analysis of draft prospects, I've tuned him out for years now and avoid any more exposure to him than necessary. But when it comes to game commentary and analysis he is the worst in the business (because Casserly doesn't do game commentary).

Posted · Report post

I'd rather listen to Tory Holt than Charles Davis during a game.

Posted · Report post

We need to draft a player with tremendous focus and determination in the first. Not this guy.

Posted · Report post

i know some say he might not be tech smart but, patterson is a good guy off the field?? maybe they think he wont be able to learn the offensive playbook......idk man...that wonderlic stuff is overrated.

matter of fact when do the wonderlic scores come out?? does anyone know.

anyways i like patterson, just not as a top ten guy.....i've been said this. if you could get him late 1st or somehow i the 2nd ill be fine...i dont think there is a head and shoulders wr over every else....but i do think there are sleepers that will turn out to be a pleasant surprise once they hit the nfl.(u already know who im talking bout mannnn)lol!!

Posted · Report post

Ironic how Patterson and Allen are both from the Carolinas.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='JawnyBlaze' timestamp='1362175913' post='2149092']

I'll try to find it.

edit: there's this one, but it doesn't go into specifics: [url="http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Players-that-did-not-shine-at-Sundays-Combine-workout.html"]http://www.nationalf...ne-workout.html[/url]

Might have been in a video, which will make those specific comments hard to find.
[/quote]

Alright man thanks no worries