Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official: Ron Edwards Released

48 posts in this topic

Posted

How about 7.8 million incentives? Gettlemen may have a CB in mind come draft or FA and Gamble has been injured quite a bit as of lately.

I'm not arguing he's not a good player or that it wouldn't create a hole, I'm just speculating on a possibility of why he could be taking so long when we all thought that would be one of the first cuts.

Like I said, we can clear some money elsewhere without cutting him. My speculation on why it is taking so long is because he isn't going anywhere.

And yes, I hope Gettlemen does address CB in the draft or FA too. I doubt the FO thinks it is a good idea to go into a season with our CBs being Dockery, Thomas, and some mid-low level FA.

Posted

I don't think they are necessarily planning on keeping Gamble. If they keep him till after March 12th they can shop him. If we got something crazy like a third for him that would be a world of difference than just cutting him.

I don't think he makes the roster come kickoff.

but what do you know?

Posted

No brainer here. Cutting an often injured 34 year old DT and saving 2.5 mil was a easy decision.

Posted

GETTLEMANIA OHHHHYEEAAH

Posted

but what do you know?

As much as you and anyone else on here.

I gave my opinion just like anyone else.

Sorry if its not the popular one you were looking for.

Posted

Keep gamble

Posted

Bye Gamble. Your next.

Posted

Thanks for nothing, fat boy.

Ah, ignorance reers it's head yet again.

Posted

Best of luck in your future endeavors

Posted

Ron wasn't bad, but "wasn't bad" ain't what we are looking for.

Posted

Played well when he was in, but couldn't play enough to justify the pay. Who am I referring to - Ron Edwards, Chris Gamble, Jon Beason...?

Bottom line is you can't pay Gamble $8mil per year to play in 7-8 games, then go on IR. Same with Beason, but the ridiculous contract handicaps Gettleman right now. Otherwise, Beason would be a casualty as well.