Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brokenbad

Addressing the kicker position through free agency

37 posts in this topic

Gano? No thanks

Gano was fine. I don't understand the reasoning behind the hate for him. There really is no reason for it. Any of the FA kickers are about on the same level if not less than Gano.

I'd draft Brad Wing long before I'd ever consider drafting a kicker

If you want a punter, Quinn Sharp is going to be an amazing pro.

Gano could be serviceable, training camp will be huge for him, though.

Gano was fine. I don't understand the reasoning behind the hate for him. There really is no reason for it. Any of the FA kickers are about on the same level if not less than Gano.

Let's stop putting lipstick on a pig here. He stinks, we can upgrade.

He shouldn't even be here anyway, the Medlock release was quite the knee jerk scapegoat reaction by our staff.

Both kicker and punter need to be upgraded.

We supposedly have two comp picks in the 6th, I wouldn't mind it if they were spent on a K and a P.

Just from a stat standpoint Gano was closer to the bottom of the league. But his misses were 54 and 48.

I'm guessing we go with him.

HOWEVER he was literally the worst kicker in the league in 2010 and it wasn't even close

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/kicking.htm

Not much better in 2011 and he was bad from 30-39 at 5 for 9. Heck even missed a PT.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/kicking.htm

We supposedly have two comp picks in the 6th, I wouldn't mind it if they were spent on a K and a P.

Where did you see we got two comps? Especially in the 6th?

I assume if we get a comp pick at all, it'll be for Dan Connor, and it won't be more than a 7th.

I'm at work now on my phone, when I get home I'll look it up but predicted comp picks came out a few weeks ago. There was discussion of it here. Nothing's official yet, that's why I said supposedly.