Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Pat McCrory says there is no money for the stadium.

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#76 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,620 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

They can come make minimum wage where I work...legal or not. Plenty of openings.
Or the government can get smart and start farming the medians along the highways using the labor of those that want a hand-out and are able-bodied.
Piss in this cup and show me you aren't on drugs and you can have a job...otherwise good luck.
I already give up 42% of my paycheck to the Gov. I can't give anymore.

Newsflash: minimum wage is not a living wage and is FAR below the poverty line. People who work at minimum wage still require government subsidies to fuging survive. It's not the unemployed that you're paying for, the MAJORITY of those that use government subsidies are the working poor.

#77 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,968 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Newsflash: minimum wage is not a living wage and is FAR below the poverty line. People who work at minimum wage still require government subsidies to fuging survive. It's not the unemployed that you're paying for, the MAJORITY of those that use government subsidies are the working poor.

Like JR

#78 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,428 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Corporate welfare needs to die.
Hell this is worse than the Vikings, at least Minnesota actually owns that stadium...

I 100% agree with you on the federal level. The problem with killing corporate welfare at the state level is that if we don't give incentives other states will, and you will lose thousands and thousands of new and existing jobs as the other state legislatures happily give out those incentives to companies that want to bring those jobs to their state.

You have to do those type of things to keep your state competitive and maintain and grow it's economy.

#79 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,968 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

The reality is when JR passes and the team sells, all bets are off unless there is something tying the team to the City/State. And even something that ties the team to the area will have a buyout clause or some form of an out.

#80 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,785 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Yeah let's move a team with a history of sell outs without having to produce a winning product

#81 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,620 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Like JR

Technically it's the Panthers, and not JR. Just like the literally thousands of other businesses in NC that take government money. You guys act like the Panthers are the only business in the state that asks for assistance in infrastructure funding. Do you think that Lowe's built that fuging 400 million dollar facility in Mooresville, without government incentives? They net 30billion a year, afterall.

I mean for fugs sake, Forsyth county gave them 3.6 million in incentives just for building a data center that only fuging employs 30 people.

#82 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

I hope all you right-wing anti-government types realize we're talking about losing our team here. This is exactly what I was worried about with McCrory - he's going hard-right to pacify the tea party and it's going to cost us the Panthers before it's all said and done...

#83 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

I 100% agree with you on the federal level. The problem with killing corporate welfare at the state level is that if we don't give incentives other states will, and you will lose thousands and thousands of new and existing jobs as the other state legislatures happily give out those incentives to companies that want to bring those jobs to their state.

You have to do those type of things to keep your state competitive and maintain and grow it's economy.

You are exactly correct.

Would it be better for our government's fiscal condition if none of these corporate subsidies are given? Yes.

But, as long as other state's offer incentives to get or keep important employers, this is just a price to do business.

#84 Lords0fPain

Lords0fPain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

This is why Charlotte SHOULD help out;

1. It is a 265 million dollar project, Charlotte is not being asked to pay for it all.

2. In addition to saving the existing jobs (and tax revenue they create), it will also employ even more people to actually do the renovation (thus a larger tax base).

3. All cities do help out the teams they would like to keep, or they leave, its business.

4. If the Panthers leave, the small (and some big) business lose revenue (thus jobs/tax money) during home games. Panthers don't pay taxes in Charlotte anymore and people are out of work.

5. If renovation isn't done, both potential players (signing here) and fans will not be to thrilled to want to come to games and spend money.

6. People (including the citities) has to invest money if they want to make money over the long term. It's the same principle as keeping their roads in good condition, if they want business/tourist to come to their city.

#85 Lords0fPain

Lords0fPain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

You can always tell who base their opinions based on envy of successful people. Guess people that risk their own money, should not make profits....just do out of the kindness of thier heart.

Remember, JR has to pay for all these over paid players (not just the HurneyMagik ones either, all players/agents/coaches/officals). oh wait they are unionized players/officals/agents/coaches,so thier money is legit and is perfectly fine. Anyone have a twinkie, I am craving one.....

#86 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,785 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

This is why Charlotte SHOULD help out;

1. It is a 265 million dollar project, Charlotte is not being asked to pay for it all.

2. In addition to saving the existing jobs (and tax revenue they create), it will also employ even more people to actually do the renovation (thus a larger tax base).

3. All cities do help out the teams they would like to keep, or they leave, its business.

4. If the Panthers leave, the small (and some big) business lose revenue (thus jobs/tax money) during home games. Panthers don't pay taxes in Charlotte anymore and people are out of work.

5. If renovation isn't done, both potential players (signing here) and fans will not be to thrilled to want to come to games and spend money.

6. People (including the citities) has to invest money if they want to make money over the long term. It's the same principle as keeping their roads in good condition, if they want business/tourist to come to their city.

I don't believe #5 for a hot minute.

I understand govt giving out money to promote business. I'd be fine with money for a baseball stadium and giving money to google to build a data warehouse but these are for renovations. There's no return.

#87 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,968 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Technically it's the Panthers, and not JR. Just like the literally thousands of other businesses in NC that take government money. You guys act like the Panthers are the only business in the state that asks for assistance in infrastructure funding. Do you think that Lowe's built that fuging 400 million dollar facility in Mooresville, without government incentives? They net 30billion a year, afterall.

I mean for fugs sake, Forsyth county gave them 3.6 million in incentives just for building a data center that only fuging employs 30 people.

I'm all for public financing. That's the reality of what state and local governments must do to compete for jobs and attract business. I guess my attempt at sarcasm was a poor attempt.

#88 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,785 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

You can always tell who base their opinions based on envy of successful people. Guess people that risk their own money, should not make profits....just do out of the kindness of thier heart.

Remember, JR has to pay for all these over paid players (not just the HurneyMagik ones either, all players/agents/coaches/officals). oh wait they are unionized players/officals/agents/coaches,so thier money is legit and is perfectly fine. Anyone have a twinkie, I am craving one.....

And those who are envious of the overpaid players

#89 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,968 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

I don't believe #5 for a hot minute.

I understand govt giving out money to promote business. I'd be fine with money for a baseball stadium and giving money to google to build a data warehouse but these are for renovations. There's no return.

So they wouldn't be hiring construction crews for the renovations? JR and Danny are gonna build that poo themselves? Evil money hoarders!!!11!!

#90 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Has this thread now compared the Panthers to Apple and Google?

Really now ?

People won't go to the games b/c the WiFi is weak ? Well maybe in Charlotte...

Shame Richardson hasn't put this much effort into putting together a winning team...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com