Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wes Welker

84 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Huddler' timestamp='1362606897' post='2152954']
look man if hes gunna test the market, and if everyone has comes to the consensus that hes cheap, then why the hell not? The more talent the better. He doesnt have to be the answer to our reciever problem, bbut he could be part of it.
Im not even advocating the guy, its just funny how some people regardless of position will just say a stright no to a guy. Lol we suck. We need help. [b]Beggers cant be choosers folks. [/b]And explainations as to why not to attain a player is better then "no".
But i agree with you man. Hes not the answer
[/quote]

You have to be choosy when you have as little cap space as we do, we're also looking to the future and that's not what Welker gives you.

He's one of my favorite players in the league, I just don't think he's a good fit here, now.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Huddler' timestamp='1362606897' post='2152954']
look man if hes gunna test the market, and if everyone has comes to the consensus that hes cheap, then why the hell not? The more talent the better. He doesnt have to be the answer to our reciever problem, bbut he could be part of it.
Im not even advocating the guy, its just funny how some people regardless of position will just say a stright no to a guy. Lol we suck. We need help. Beggers cant be choosers folks. And explainations as to why not to attain a player is better then "no".
But i agree with you man. Hes not the answer
[/quote]

The problem is Wes Welker will not go cheap. That is the reason why he is testing the FA market in the first place.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1362607215' post='2152962']

You have to be choosy when you have as little cap space as we do, we're also looking to the future and that's not what Welker gives you.

He's one of my favorite players in the league, I just don't think he's a good fit here, now.
[/quote]I didnt think about that cap man. Thats acually a good point. Its not all about the talent its about the $ as well. Would much rather spend the little $ we have on a cb or something. If we took the money out of it i wouldnt see the harm of having welker here.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Huddler' timestamp='1362607492' post='2152968']
I didnt think about that cap man. Thats acually a good point. Its not all about the talent its about the $ as well. Would much rather spend the little $ we have on a cb or something. If we took the money out of it i wouldnt see the harm of having welker here.
[/quote]

You didnt think about the cap? NO.......

Posted · Report post

we already have the archetype in that department.

get cam a tall red zone threat. we don't need more than one midget on the team.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1362608033' post='2152981']
we already have the archetype in that department.

get cam a tall red zone threat. we don't need more than one midget on the team.
[/quote]

We already have 2, Smith and Adams...

Posted · Report post

Not to derail the thread but do you guys think Joe Adams makes an impact at WR this year?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='OneBadCat' timestamp='1362609062' post='2152995']
Not to derail the thread but do you guys think Joe Adams makes an impact at WR this year?
[/quote]

I don't.

Posted · Report post

Welker is one of the best WRs in the game....but he has to play on a Welker friendly scheme and with a QB who plays that style.

Basically Welker is the polar opposite of what you want paired with Cam.

Cam needs a big play deep threat....which even our beloved Smitty isn't much of today. Cam has few problems in the redzone so I am not overly concerned about a big redzone WR. His issues are more getting to the redzone enough

Posted · Report post

Welker would be perfect in KC with Alex "checkdown" Smith.

Posted · Report post

first of all welker is close to signing with pats......just like i already did. hes good for the pats dont know about others...he didnt do much in miami.

Posted · Report post

Nobody does much in Miami since Marino left.