83 replies to this topic

#31 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,696 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Anything Welker can do, Smitty can do better.

#32 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,282 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Tom Brady made Wes Welker.

111 rec, 1165 yards....with Matt Cassel.

The offense they run simply allows him to be the beast he is. Fitting your scheme...is a drastically overlooked aspect of football talk.

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,530 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

If...

...it were a few years ago

...we ran a West Coast offense

...we didn't already have Steve Smith

I'd like the idea a lot better.

I wouldn't scream if they signed him, but I don't really think it's a 'big move' kind of thing.

#34 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

I'll take aging system WR that I'm not interested in signing for $200, Alex.

]Wait are you kidding me. Yes Welker is getting up in age. But didn't we sign Ricky Proehl in his mid 30s as well back in the day. Wasn't Ricky part of that group that went to SB38. Why yes he was. Welker still has a lot left in him. If the Panthers was to draft a young WR in the first or second round of this year draft. We would have Smith, Proehl and Welker to guide and help that young WR learn how to be a top notch WR. That goes for the other guys as well that we have on this current roster. While getting Welker would be a long shot. He would be a good fix for us for a year or 2. Age has nothing to do with it. Welker can still play.

#35 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,542 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Adams with a little time can be a good solution in the slot. Sometimes the answer to your need is already on the roster..........

#36 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,542 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

first of all welker is close to signing with pats......just like i already did. hes good for the pats dont know about others...he didnt do much in miami.

I heard on NFL sirius this morning Welker is definitely not signing with the Pats and is going to try his hand at the FA market.

#37 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Did I miss something? Where are all the Madden jokes? This thread would be perfect for them.
This would be a great move for the Panthers going into the 2014 Madden year.
What's Welker's overall in the game? Like 90 something right? You team him with Smitty
on a short contract and the league better watch out for us. Super Madden Bowl, Baby. fug YEA!!!

#38 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

The problem is Wes Welker will not go cheap. That is the reason why he is testing the FA market in the first place.

NE is letting him test the market to see what he is worth.He will be a Patriot unless someone wants to over pay.You must remember he is best in the slot which would mean for some teams a 3rd and long option

#39 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

NE is letting him test the market to see what he is worth.He will be a Patriot unless someone wants to over pay.You must remember he is best in the slot which would mean for some teams a 3rd and long option

He either goes to a team that will actually use him on all downs (Broncos) or he signs with a team in the same conference just to pry him away from the Patriots.

As successful as they've been, NE is heartless. I could see them telling Welker to eff off after not getting what he wants and going with a younger Amendola. Branch has been cut by the team about 1000 times and who can't forget what happened to Tiquan Underwood.

#40 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,640 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

well it appears that Welker was lowballed by the Pats and he is pissed so he might be a Bronco that would be deadly for the Pats...

http://sports.yahoo....40312--nfl.html

#41 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,390 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Manning to Welker? :writes that down for Fantasy Draft in six months:

#42 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

If Welker does sign with Denver, I expect Amendola to sign with Pats immediately.

#43 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,134 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

belicheat actually gave underwood a ring in the bucs locker room lol....talking about he kept his promise to give him a ring even if they won the superbowl or not lol......he just wanted to go spy on what the bucs were doing lol.....

#44 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Wes Welker was a nobody until Tom Brady started throwing to him. Just like 90% of NE's WR's.

#45 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Welker was doin very well in Miami, excellent return man IIRC. I believe he was a restricted FA when NE offered him a poison pill contract & MIA couldnt/wouldnt match the 8yr/$80mil contract.. Not going to verify this, but thats what I remember...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.