Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Gamble to Retire

130 posts in this topic

Posted

wow. i didn't see this coming. better than signing with an NFCS foe at least.

Posted

Wow Hurney caused the man to retire

Posted

Best of luck to him. I don't think he would have retired if he knew he was 100% physically and mentally. No shame in what he did though.

Posted

See this coming, I did not.

Posted

wow. i didn't see this coming. better than signing with an NFCS foe at least.

This is the first thing I thought. Lets be honest, you're getting up in age, you've been hurt, and you got a tonne of money. Nearly everyone would do the same thing rather than risk more injuries and pain and moving your whole family and learning a new team, etc etc.

Thanks for all your services, Mr. Gamble.

Posted

This is the first thing I thought. Lets be honest, you're getting up in age, you've been hurt, and you got a tonne of money. Nearly everyone would do the same thing rather than risk more injuries and pain and moving your whole family and learning a new team, etc etc.

Thanks for all your services, Mr. Gamble.

Agreed, I have a feeling he's sort of lost his love for the game(several years ago giving up the team with Clausen, and the last couple years not making the playoffs), and may be worried about having to rehab another injury. If he's been smart with his money, more power to him, although he may regret it one day.

Posted

You guys that keep saying this are funny! :lol:

Thanks for taking things out of context like a typical member of the huddle, why don't you quote the full post so you don't look like such a dumb ass.

Posted

will he still count next year as a lost free agent when they hand out compensatory picks?

He wouldn't have counted to begin with since he was CUT.

You never fail to underwhelm.

Posted

He'll be back when he runs out of money.

You're a real winner.

Posted

No.

Cut = retire. Same as far as cap hit.

Wrong again it accelerates the cap hit all the same from signing bonus, however he is still going to have DEAD money on all the remaining years of the contract that would not have counted had he retired.

Posted

I looked this up (talked with others) and this is incorrect.

Dead money would be the same either way.

I realized this it is due to the accelerated signing bonus, however had he retired instead of being cut we wouldn't have been on the hook for the portion of his guaranteed salary over the remainder of the contract.

Posted

Superman, go sit on your thumb. kthx