Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandon

Panthers cut James Anderson

200 posts in this topic

According to Spotrac, his cap hit was $4.2 million.

if this number is true it was a good move if we use this money to land a above average cb or S

Makes sense of the Panthers working out the OLB from Mizzou

It makes perfect sense. Been discussed before on here a while back. Beason's contract would have been the better one to get off the books but because of the structure it was damn near impossible. Somebody had to go and he had one of the highest cap hits and if we are moving beason to the outside he was quite expendable.

Now just go re-sign Jason Phillips for depth and I am happy.

This does not make LB a need, he was the 4th best LB on the team.

Makes me think we are targeting a free agent...

yup, I think we'll add one or two through FA and a late round draft pick.

Beason is coming off another injury and we're holding our breath every time TD make a tackle.

Have no depth behind the starting three. We'd be in trouble if one of them go down.

Yas blogged that this only frees up 200k unless they designate him a June 1 release

Not sure I agree this was a good move but I am not a GM. He was more than solid and he stayed healthy.

Interesting though...

yup, I think we'll add one or two through FA and a late round draft pick.

Beason is coming off another injury and we're holding our breath every time TD make a tackle.

Have no depth behind the starting three. We'd be in trouble if one of them go down.

Davis appears to be recovered, and I for one think Beasons injury's this season were overplayed as an excuse to put him on IR because he wasn't 100% from the Achilles yet.

he was scheduled to make 2.9 mil according to this

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/panthers-release-james-anderson/

If you look at the details on his contract from rotoworld or overthecap.com we arent saving that much unless it was done as a june 1st cut.

As a normal cut that does not carry over dead money it saves 200k. If we do it as a June 1st it saves 2.3 million this year and carries over 2.1 million in dead money next year.