• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#106 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,561 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

hate to see him go but makes no sense to pay an inevitable backup a pro bowl salary

#107 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

I don't think James Anderson is the difference between the season being "Lost" or not. All due respect to the guy.

Anderson is small potatoes. What isn't, is there are two OLBs now that have an injury history.

Gettleman best address that.

Pretty sick and tired of hearing 'Hurney did this, Hurney caused that. Fox this and Fox that'.

My tickets cost the same.

As I just wrote the check for $4200 for this year's tickets, i really have to ask myself what I am doing.

I expect Gettleman and Rivera to put a competitive, at least 8-8 or 9-7 team on the field this year. I don't want to hear excuses why they don't.

I suspect that is were a lot of PSL holders are coming from.

#108 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Anderson is small potatoes. What isn't, is there are two OLBs now that have an injury history.

Gettleman best address that.

Pretty sick and tired of hearing 'Hurney did this, Hurney caused that. Fox this and Fox that'.

My tickets cost the same.

As I just wrote the check for $4200 for this year's tickets, i really have to ask myself what I am doing.

I expect Gettleman and Rivera to put a competitive, at least 8-8 or 9-7 team on the field this year. I don't want to hear excuses why they don't.

I suspect that is were a lot of PSL holders are coming from.

A little purging to help for the long term goal! Relax!

#109 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Meh I would rather have a down season and get rid of some of this bad money now. That way you can lock Cam up next offseason and focus on building around the future of Cam and Kuechly.....

#110 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,944 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Listening to the moron frank garcia is clear we are clearing cap to start working on cams deal next year. June 1st cuts hurt us next year. We are going to have to take our medicine this year. Exactly the opposite of what he is saying is what were doing.

Depends on the player....some guys as June 1 cuts create room this year and next year.

#111 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,549 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Doesn't this give Beason leverage in not taking a pay cut?

Shouldn't we have done that first?

Either way, I don't have a problem with the move. What's it net us financially?

no. i think this if anything it's a sign that they either did or are near getting something done with beason. we can still cut beason and replace him with a true SAM for a lot cheaper and still be in better shape with the cap.

beason still has very little leverage here.

as far as the benefit to replacing him...depends on if a june 1 cut or not.

#112 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,944 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

Meh I would rather have a down season and get rid of some of this bad money now. That way you can lock Cam up next offseason and focus on building around the future of Cam and Kuechly.....

Cam Newton has been a play away from being a winning team both his seasons. He is on the verge and so is this team.

Future is now....we can win now.

#113 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

I feel that there are two things that had an extreme negative impact on Hurney!

Going into 2005 NFC Champ game without a viable running back and Peppers just walking away! He began overcompensating for these two instances and I'm glad we have someone without that scarring to clean up this mess! Solid move! Can't wait to see his whole body of work!

#114 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Cam Newton has been a play away from being a winning team both his seasons. He is on the verge and so it this team. Future is now....we can win now.

But you can't extend Cam next year without cutting bad money. Anderson's contract was bad money. DeAngelo's contract is bad money....there's money on this team that has to be dealt with in order to keep the true future of our team.

#115 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,539 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

PSL Owners raging about wins makes me LOL

#116 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

This cut was all about next year. It isn't a June 1st cut. The Panthers are saving only 200K this year, but next year they save a lot. My guess is this cut was more about not wanting James Anderson and wanting to move into a new direction.

#117 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,944 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

But you can't extend Cam next year without cutting bad money. Anderson's contract was bad money. DeAngelo's contract is bad money....there's money on this team that has to be dealt with in order to keep the true future of our team.

well I agree we need to rid ourselves of bad deals like Williams, Godfrey's next year etc. GM just has to do general housecleaning b/c both years we are pressed.

Keep in mind, Joe Flacco just landed the largest deal in NFL history for a QB. His cap hit for 2013 is only around 7 million with that contract....realistcally, Cam could get a deal that wouldn't be that tough to deal with in normal situations.

#118 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,613 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Makes sense, he wasn't all that great and cost a lot of money while we have good backups already.

I cant see where this cut really saved us that much money.We only saved 200K....I dont understand this move

#119 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

well I agree we need to rid ourselves of bad deals like Williams, Godfrey's next year etc. GM just has to do general housecleaning b/c both years we are pressed.

Keep in mind, Joe Flacco just landed the largest deal in NFL history for a QB. His cap hit for 2013 is only around 7 million with that contract....realistcally, Cam could get a deal that wouldn't be that tough to deal with in normal situations.

Then it balloons to 15 in years two and three...

#120 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,332 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

PSL Owners raging about wins makes me LOL

why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com