Photo
- - - - -

Question for Conservatives:

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#16 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:26 AM

I got news for you. Happens all the time. Cops beat the poo out of someone if they know they have information that can save an innocent person's life.

Besides that being a pretty rotten comparison, what you're describing is also illegal.

Should we change the laws to let them both be legal?

#17 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:21 AM

Besides that being a pretty rotten comparison, what you're describing is also illegal.

Should we change the laws to let them both be legal?

It is not a rotten comparison. It's dead on.

Do you stop at every stop sign, even when no one's around? Sometimes people see a bigger picture...like innocent lives at stake...and they make individual decisions to go past what the law allows. I'm fine with that when terrorists are involved.

#18 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:08 AM

And American citizens, too, evidently. And you're okay with it being done illegally.

#19 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:19 AM

And American citizens, too, evidently. And you're okay with it being done illegally.

If he's a terrorist, you're damn right I am. Anyone willing to kill innocent people to make some political point doesn't value human life and I'm fine with not giving them human rights. They don't play by any rules.

#20 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

Then make torture legal and extend it to all American citizens. People would love that.

#21 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

Next up:

"Well if that guy robbed my house, and he may know who will rob my neighbors house, I'm all for torturing him!"

#22 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:24 PM

what about school shootings? What if it's a minor? Anybody up for torturing 16 year old american citizens?

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, he may know who will shoot my kid!!!

Forget installing a diving board in the schools swimming pool, federally fund waterboards!

#24 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image

#25 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,681 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:07 PM

This neo-Nazi guy who shot up the Holocaust Museum the other day. He's now saying he knows of other shootings planned to take place. Sounds like terrorism to me. Shouldn't we waterboard him to obtain the information of when, where and who?

If you knew you personally would be the victim of his next shooting, would you waterboard him to save your own life?

#26 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

If you knew you personally would be the victim of his next shooting, would you waterboard him to save your own life?

Obviously not.

Jack Bauer would.

But if I had the opportunity to waterboard him, I'd be diligent enough to not let him escape, get a gun and then come back and shoot me.

#27 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,148 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

but maybe he is innocent

#28 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

I don't understand why you would think we'd have a problem with it, and I don't understand why you would have a problem with it. If he actually did say what you say he said, then you make sure.

The problem is treating other people with a double standard.

There are plenty of criminals in America that have information, but we don't torture them.

The idea that America wants to be the flagship nation needs to be supported by not having openly contradicting actions.

Edited by hdevonxz, 15 June 2009 - 11:42 PM.

#29 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,681 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:21 AM

Obviously not.

Jack Bauer would.

But if I had the opportunity to waterboard him, I'd be diligent enough to not let him escape, get a gun and then come back and shoot me.

You dodged the question. That doesn't mean you win, it means you have a flaw in your thinking.... you may not be entirely wrong, but your position is not without its vices. if it was, you'd have been able to answer sans Jack Bauer shields.

#30 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:08 AM

The problem is treating other people with a double standard.

There are plenty of criminals in America that have information, but we don't torture them.

The idea that America wants to be the flagship nation needs to be supported by not having openly contradicting actions.

If you're talking law, I agree. If you're talking having a suspect in a room with no witnesses, and he knows where bombs are that will kill innocent people, I say do what you gotta do. Just don't film yourselves doing it.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com