Photo
- - - - -

Question for Conservatives:

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#46 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

i'm not sure how what rummy, bush and cheney "may" have said to each other has any baring on how torture should be handled by this country. if you're going to speculate, at least stay on topic.

Aren't they the ones that set the "new" policy?

#47 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

They "should" have said, "Hey, it's illegal! We could get in trouble for this, but gosh darn it, we believe it's such a great idea we are willing to go to jail for doing it!"

Not, "Hey! Lets send them to Eastern Europe or Cuba and do it, it's like we never actually did it then, right? We're scot free!"

#48 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:19 PM

They "should" have said, "Hey, it's illegal! We could get in trouble for this, but gosh darn it, we believe it's such a great idea we are willing to go to jail for doing it!"

Not, "Hey! Lets send them to Eastern Europe or Cuba and do it, it's like we never actually did it then, right? We're scot free!"

I think they said "We're not dealing with the Russians or the Germans or the Japanese here. We're dealing with people hell bent on killing as many innocent people as possible to make a statement for their cause. We better change our approach or else."

#49 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

Aren't they the ones that set the "new" policy?

I'm going to assume that since this is what you latched onto that you agreed with everything else I said.

#50 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

I think they said "We're not dealing with the Russians or the Germans or the Japanese here. We're dealing with people hell bent on killing as many innocent people as possible to make a statement for their cause. We better change our approach or else."

9/11x1,000,000?

/this whole statement is blindingly retarded. You wanna kill innocent people? You talk to the germans and the russians.

#51 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

9/11x1,000,000?

/this whole statement is blindingly retarded. You wanna kill innocent people? You talk to the germans and the russians.

Point was, the Russians, Germans, Japanese, and every other enemy we ever had went after military targets. They didn't plant cells in our country and plan 9/11 attacks. I mean, the Japanese used surprise but at least they attacked a navy base.

And yes, I wanna kill innocent people. You know any?

#52 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

Point was, the Russians, Germans, Japanese, and every other enemy we ever had went after military targets. They didn't plant cells in our country and plan 9/11 attacks. I mean, the Japanese used surprise but at least they attacked a navy base.

so? I keep hearing this argument... Are you suggesting that if they'd blown up a military base instead of the towers that you'd be on here right now decrying the horrors of torture? What about the Marines in lebanon? They were fair game?

I'm not the one putting rules on war, you are.

#53 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

so? I keep hearing this argument... Are you suggesting that if they'd blown up a military base instead of the towers that you'd be on here right now decrying the horrors of torture? What about the Marines in lebanon? They were fair game?

I'm not the one putting rules on war, you are.

I'm saying the rules of war were redefined by the terrorists.

#54 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

I'm saying the rules of war were redefined by the terrorists.

you're wrong.

#55 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

you're wrong.

Inconceivable

#56 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:01 PM

anybody want a peanut?

#57 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:43 PM

Meat is so smart. He interviewed people in Guernica, London, western Russia, Eastern Germany, the Lusitania, Nanking, Korea, and the Phillippines among other locations for this exclusive Fox News report.

#58 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

Meat is so smart. He interviewed people in Guernica, London, western Russia, Eastern Germany, the Lusitania, Nanking, Korea, and the Phillippines among other locations for this exclusive Fox News report.

:rolleyes:

#59 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

Posted Image

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com