#1 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

http://insidetv.ew.c...go-kickstarter/

I have to admit, while I remember this show being on the air, I never did watch it. However, it's pretty insane that a show that's been off the air since 2007 still has enough dedicated fans to draw $2.5 million in a single day for a movie to be made.

Article says it actually met the $2 million goal in 11 hours. There are people pledging hundreds - some thousands - to see this movie made. That's completely insane to me.

But looking at this, I can't help but to think about the precedent this will set if it actually works and goes on to be a success. How many great cult classic shows have been cancelled and never heard from again? This sort of thing could become relatively common. I'm sure the studio never dreamed they'd actually get the $2 million, much less in 11 hours.

#2 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

I really liked the show and was bummed out when they canceled it. I would love to see the story continue in a movie

#3 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

I wouldnt mind seeing a Pushing Daisies movie if this leads to other shows being brought back.

#4 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

I've already seen at least three other shows mentioned as possible options for a similar pledge-based campaign.

#5 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Someone needs to make a Kickstarter to give My Name is Earl one last episode. Ending on a cliffhanger sucks.

#6 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

I liked watching the show Veronica Mars. Always thought the writing was very well done.
Might just have to donate. Damn, the $10k speaking role is gone....nooooooooooooooo.

Wonder if Walking Dead could do a fundraiser for charity.....donate to be a zombie for a day......
$100 - slow walker on screen???
$200 - shovel death by Carol
$1k - crossbow by Daryl
$5k - zombie who kills the next main character.

#7 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

http://insidetv.ew.c...go-kickstarter/

I have to admit, while I remember this show being on the air, I never did watch it. However, it's pretty insane that a show that's been off the air since 2007 still has enough dedicated fans to draw $2.5 million in a single day for a movie to be made.

Article says it actually met the $2 million goal in 11 hours. There are people pledging hundreds - some thousands - to see this movie made. That's completely insane to me.

But looking at this, I can't help but to think about the precedent this will set if it actually works and goes on to be a success. How many great cult classic shows have been cancelled and never heard from again? This sort of thing could become relatively common. I'm sure the studio never dreamed they'd actually get the $2 million, much less in 11 hours.

With people coughing up this kind of dough for a tv show, it makes you wonder how bad the economy truly is...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.