Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did a rap about Cam Newton

144 posts in this topic

Posted

Just google Brother Ali....

Clicked on whatever song came up first on lyrics link...

got this...

Attack fame with cerebral cortex in your brains

So my effects will remain

Long after the trends change

Son I'll bend your name

Rearrange your molecules

Amongst hip hop dudes, Brother Ali be droppin' jewels

Impossible to fool I'm like Picasso with the tool

Took him almost to the end of one breath to talk about himself.

Pure poetry. He is a regular TS Elliot

Posted

Just google Brother Ali....

Clicked on whatever song came up first on lyrics link...

got this...

Took him almost to the end of one breath to talk about himself.

Pure poetry. He is a regular TS Elliot

What about his song Forrest Whittaker where all he does is talk about how ugly he is but that God made him and he loves himself no matter what?

Such a terrible message....

But yea this is why I listen to more actual music than hip hop, but there's a lot of stuff out there with great messages and great stories, with a catchy beat that makes girls grind up on you.

Posted

I could go all day, just a couple guys that have been around a while like Brother Ali, Slug, Aesop Rock, Apathy, John Conner, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Cunnin Lynguist, Nipsey Hussle, Pharaohe Monch (except he's gotten pretty big).

John Conner, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, and Nipsey Hussle I'm a huge fan of. Well check into some of those other guys.

Posted

If you want true poetry, simply listen to Tchaikovsky or Rachmaninoff or Bach or Beethoven. If you want unearned stylized rhythmic egocentric expression then I suppose rap is for you.

Posted

You're not good at that.

Posted

Underground isn't the right term for macklemore lol...just because he wasn't known yet doesn't mean he is underground lol...but you don't get that because you don't listen to anything that isn't mainstream...

You just looked up all of those names, you have no knowledge, respect, or taste for any underground rappers that don't even want to be famous, especially if you think Macklemore is one of those guys.

Do some research, stay away from the mainstream for a while, maybe it will humble you and you'll actually have a newfound understanding of the genre.

Lol I looked up those guys... You've seen me go on and on about how Ea is my favorite rapper, and I could take screenshots of my iTunes showing you how many listens some of the other dude's have.

People actually bag on me for how much underground I listen to, calling me "hipster" and sh*t.

Besides, how would I just be able to look up some of those guys? Like DeLaZoo, Prince Ea, Dymez, etc all have like 5-15k followers on Twitter, Youtube, etc. Obviously nothing you could just randomly stumble across and toss onto a list "pretending" to know what I'm talking about.

Posted

I could go all day, just a couple guys that have been around a while like Brother Ali, Slug, Aesop Rock, Apathy, John Conner, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Cunnin Lynguist, Nipsey Hussle, Pharaohe Monch (except he's gotten pretty big).

Ok i thought you were talking about people so Underground that i would have no idea the names. I know all those people, all very fuging good.

Posted

Ok i thought you were talking about people so Underground that i would have no idea the names. I know all those people, all very fuging good.

I can give you some fools you don't know if you want, just listed some of my all time faves.

Posted

Lol I looked up those guys... You've seen me go on and on about how Ea is my favorite rapper, and I could take screenshots of my iTunes showing you how many listens some of the other dude's have.

People actually bag on me for how much underground I listen to, calling me "hipster" and sh*t.

Besides, how would I just be able to look up some of those guys? Like DeLaZoo, Prince Ea, Dymez, etc all have like 5-15k followers on Twitter, Youtube, etc. Obviously nothing you could just randomly stumble across and toss onto a list "pretending" to know what I'm talking about.

Hipster lmfao.... Please just stop rookie.

Posted

fuging hipster competition in this bitch

Posted

I can give you some fools you don't know if you want, just listed some of my all time faves.

Sure.

Posted

If you want true poetry, simply listen to Tchaikovsky or Rachmaninoff or Bach or Beethoven. If you want unearned stylized rhythmic egocentric expression then I suppose rap is for you.

True, but my whole point is to let casual music fans know that HIP-HOP RAP is POETRY....just in a stylized manner or delivery over a beat.

Pop rap on the other hand is what you explained, but somehow most people can't seem to grasp that pop rap does not automatically equal hip hop.

I'm tired of seeing hip hop deemed as violent, ignorant and stupid bragging, or as some would say retards attempting poetry. lol

Hip Hop is totally different, yeah it's more for the younger crowd, but its always conscious, thoughtful and POSITIVE to reach out to minds that are asleep.

If anyone needs a more popular reference check out Common.