• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Cunning Linguist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Are we going to have enough cap space to sign these guys next year? Well and maybe Byron Bell if he continues to get better?

#2 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

The rate we're going we might just cut, Gross and CJ. And still be over the cap.

#3 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Cunning Linguist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

I just dont see us giving another huge contract until the Cam extension, and I think Hardy is going to want that.

#4 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Answer: yes, but Lafell better not ask for too much. DWill will be gone, Gross' salary will be cheaper. If Beason has a good, healthy year, he could be dealt.

Marty Hurney was worse than Matt Millen. Perhaps the worst GM in the NFL aside from Jerry Jones and Al Davis in the 2000s. I hope he does not live in NC any longer because he would be in danger.

#5 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

At this rate, you let Lafell walk and give Hardy a extension.

#6 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationArlington, VA
HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Yes, the cap space will be there if the Panthers want them. I think that's the point of this year's releases and pay cuts. Pay players what they're worth. If the Panthers do that, they'd easily make the cap.

#7 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

At this rate, you let Lafell walk and give Hardy a extension.

given a choice between the two...you do that.

lafell is basically moose-lite. if we draft WR well this year, we let lafell move on. don't need to be over-spending for a pretty average receiver.

we gain more by extending hardy.

that said...i don't see us keeping hardy either. he'll be commanding more money...not CJ money, but still more than we should be spending on one position. look at paul kruger's contract as a baseline.

#8 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Cunning Linguist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Well if Gettleman wants to keep his giants philosophy it would seem he would do his best to keep Hardy.

#9 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Answer: yes, but Lafell better not ask for too much. DWill will be gone, Gross' salary will be cheaper. If Beason has a good, healthy year, he could be dealt.

Marty Hurney was worse than Matt Millen. Perhaps the worst GM in the NFL aside from Jerry Jones and Al Davis in the 2000s. I hope he does not live in NC any longer because he would be in danger.

idiot post, he was a major part of us going to the Super Bowl and a pretty decent run from 2003 -2008

I know recent history he's been terrible but I cant stand moronic revisionist history.

#10 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

on topic now, in reality what we need to do is bite the bullet and kill two years of our salary cap situation to get out from under some of these bad contract that Hurney signed us to, I'm curious how many of the Contract have dead clauses in them to where the team can kill it after a certain point if they want to, I know there was one with Beason but I think we let it pass last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users