Photo
- - - - -

Is it really this bad?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#25 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yea it sucks we have to suit up and play next week with our current roster, too bad we dont have until September to get it straightened out.

What that statement was is another crybaby who dropped their pacifier.

That is true but history has shown that this is what we've done literally every year for the past 2-3 years at least. We wait and wait, and maybe sign a marginal cheapo player or we just see what happens, like we did with Nakamura getting his ass burnt to a crisp.

If Gettleman really is a breath of fresh air he will find players that actually improve our needs, not just address them.

#26 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

That is true but history has shown that this is what we've done literally every year for the past 2-3 years at least. We wait and wait, and maybe sign a marginal cheapo player or we just see what happens, like we did with Nakamura getting his ass burnt to a crisp.

If Gettleman really is a breath of fresh air he will find players that actually improve our needs, not just address them.

I agree, I'm not happy about our lack of activity by any means, I'm just not ready to jump off a cliff yet because we have no idea what their plans are, hopefully there are plans.

#27 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Are you tired? Maybe dont put so much energy in something you have no control over. Or are you that fuging stupid to think you do? Either way your crying is going to get nobody nowhere and your knee-jerk reaction 72 hours into Free Agency is embarrassing even for somebody who doesn't give two shits about you and couldn't care less if you offed yourself because we didn't go out an overpay like half these teams are doing.

Not crying, I simply told you to stfu since you have no insight, intelligence or anything else to add.

#28 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

One thing I didn't mention in my original post has to do with Rivera. I'm not in the camp that thinks he should have been brought back, and I still think it was a mistake. I'm also still hoping that I'm wrong about that.

No GM or coach in this league is all bad or all good. Each one has his strong points, and each has weaknesses. And Rivera's strongest point, from what I can see, is his ability to teach young players how to execute. Yeah, we all see mistakes all over the place all the time, but you'll see those on every team. Look at the playoffs in Denver, when a safety that most of you would love to see in Carolina did essentially the same thing that Nakamura did in Atlanta.

But Rivera can take a bunch of young talent and get them to play together. Sure, his game plans may suck, and we may wonder what he's actually doing when other coaches are making halftime adjustments, but he can teach. And he's got a staff that teaches well too. So you get a former CB like Sherrod Martin, who oozes athleticism, and put him in with that staff for a few off seasons, and you probably have a better Free Safety than Nakamura already on the roster.

We also haven't lost Munnerlyn and Edwards yet. I know everyone is assuming we will, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. And assuming people are going to get injured? Come on...

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

i don't see us going backward, but i also don't see much progress. my major issues haven't changed. i don't trust rivera's game management and i still think that shula's a joke answer for OC and that our only hope is that we score a million points per game and that it happens because shula became a nonfactor and stayed out of the way enough for cam to work some magic.

i don't think we're all that bad off personnel-wise from where we were last year, tho, and what we lost will either be replaced easily or re-signed for cheap.

i see us breaking even next year and that's about as optimistic as it's going to get for me...but i also don't see that the other teams in the division have really gotten any better either.

#30 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Not crying, I simply told you to stfu since you have no insight, intelligence or anything else to add.

and what did u add? besides the piles of tissues the huddle is accumulating

#31 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

One thing I didn't mention in my original post has to do with Rivera. I'm not in the camp that thinks he should have been brought back, and I still think it was a mistake. I'm also still hoping that I'm wrong about that.

im in the camp that is extremely disappointed that this decision was made with no GM.

#32 panther4life

panther4life

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I really wanted him gone more than quite possibly anyone. He's back so I am hoping for the best. The silver lining for me is the guy can coach a Defense. If we add another playmaker in the draft then it would be hard for anyone to fug up our offense unless they go bat poo crazy and outthink themselves as Chud did last year.

I just have to hope that he can learn to imrprove his game management you know like not calling a timeout so John Kasay can kick a field goal at the end of half.