13 replies to this topic

#1 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Brian Shaw turned down an offer to coach the Charlotte Bobcats, who currently hold the NBA’s worst record.

"I want to be in a situation where I have a chance," Shaw said. "Usually when you come into your first head coaching job, you don't get to dictate what the situation is going to be. But you want a chance and an organization that has a game plan going forward that's sustainable and where you have some pieces of value where you can put things together and get on the fast track."

Shaw also interviewed for vacant head coaching positions during the offseason with the Portland Trail Blazers and Orlando Magic.

"I'm perceived as just a triangle guy," Shaw said. "I have conversations with Phil [Jackson] and I said, 'I thought working for you and playing for you would be my biggest asset going into interviews. Actually it's been my biggest liability.'

"We've laughed about it. He's said to me on more than one occasion, 'It's best for you to distance yourself from me and our system.' "

Shaw has spent the past two seasons as the Indiana Pacers' associate coach, partly serving as a mentor for head coach Frank Vogel.

"When he gets an opportunity," Vogel said, "he's going to be a coach of the year candidate every single year."

http://basketball.re...ght-Opportunity

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ouch, that stings a bit. Brian Shaw will be a good head coach some day, it's a shame that he doesn't believe that the Bobcats have a plan going forward, because I certainly believe in Cho and co.

#2 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image

#3 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

That's cause nobody wants to play/coach for the fuging bobcats

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Who can blame him, the only guy that wanted to coach the Bobcats was a college assistant.

#5 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

so what

#6 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

so what

Therefore highlighting why The Bobcats are by far the worst franchise in the NBA.

The team cannot attract coaches, free agents bc there is nothing to build on here or very little at the moment.

It is going to take a perfect storm just to get the team potentially playoff ready..and its a 3 yr process if all goes well.

#7 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Jerry Richardson's fault...oh wait

#8 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

who cares

#9 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

who cares

exactly.

#10 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Well I'm fine with Brian Shaw saying no. Why get a good coach when the goal this season is to get that pick?

#11 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

Don't buy it. He is still an assistant coach for a reason. What did he turn down Portland and Orlando as well? We have a few first round picks and cap room. Why turn that down? Most winning teams on the "right track with a chance" are not looking for new head coaches.

#12 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

yea something doesn't sound right, maybe he is butthurt because he didn't get the job and now wants to rub it in our face

#13 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Don't buy it. He is still an assistant coach for a reason. What did he turn down Portland and Orlando as well? We have a few first round picks and cap room. Why turn that down? Most winning teams on the "right track with a chance" are not looking for new head coaches.

The same reason theres a fire Coach abc thread in this forum with this development team.

#14 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

He didn't say he wanted a winning team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users