Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro's "Hollow suit" theory date back to 02?

80 posts in this topic

Posted

The casual sports fan equates "success" to winning. Collegiate sports fans know only winning as being successful because the think college athletics are purely unpaid amateurs.

The sports fanatic, i.e, most people who post here and are far more involved in the game than simply tuning in on Sunday afternoons, equate success with both winning on the field and profiting as a business.

The vast majority of Panther fans have a lengthy history of being collegiate fans and, therefore, see a team that doesn't win and doesn't consider them to be a success. Consequently, most of them have gone back to watching collegiate athletics and couldn't care less about the NFL. Ask around, most sports fans are either college or pro fans- rarely do you see any casual fans who can follow both the pros and college.

The fan base in Charlotte is dwindling- most fans are returning to their college team(s) of choice and have given up on the pros. The remaining NFL Panther fans are becoming few and far between as the team continues to wallow in mediocrity while JR counts his money.

Posted

The casual sports fan equates "success" to winning. Collegiate sports fans know only winning as being successful because the think college athletics are purely unpaid amateurs.

The sports fanatic, i.e, most people who post here and are far more involved in the game than simply tuning in on Sunday afternoons, equate success with both winning on the field and profiting as a business.

The vast majority of Panther fans have a lengthy history of being collegiate fans and, therefore, see a team that doesn't win and doesn't consider them to be a success. Consequently, most of them have gone back to watching collegiate athletics and couldn't care less about the NFL. Ask around, most sports fans are either college or pro fans- rarely do you see any casual fans who can follow both the pros and college.

The fan base in Charlotte is dwindling- most fans are returning to their college team(s) of choice and have given up on the pros. The remaining NFL Panther fans are becoming few and far between as the team continues to wallow in mediocrity while JR counts his money.

Do you have any proof to back that up? If anything we are becoming one the most popular underdogs in the league. Cam simply being here has given a boost to the fan base.

Posted

Do you have any proof to back that up? If anything we are becoming one the most popular underdogs in the league. Cam simply being here has given a boost to the fan base.

Proof to back what up?

The fact that I owned PSLs and missed fewer than 8 games during the 17 seasons I attended in Charlotte and I know what I see?

The fact that fewer and fewer seat owners whom I had grown accustomed to sitting with up until the 2008 post-season now attend games at all?

The fact that most of the people who did arrive to sit in the seats surrounding mine were different every week and explained to me they had purchased tickets on the corner outside the stadium?

The fact that more and more opposing teams' fans are now attending games? The fact that you can go to a game between the Bucs and Panthers and see plenty of Pittsburgh and Dallas jerseys?

The proof is simply opening your eyes at any Panthers home game and looking around.

Posted

You could argue....good teams don't have losing seasons bc of an injury to one stud player. Injury isn't something exclusive to us....all teams deal with it.

Unless you play in the AFC East or AFC West, then losing your QB is usually going to cost you a winning season.

And despite the untimely injuries, particularly to Jake, we still didn't have a record worse than 7-9 until 2010.

Posted

The fact that most of the people who did arrive to sit in the seats surrounding mine were different every week and explained to me they had purchased tickets on the corner outside the stadium?

I've done this for nearly every game I have attended since the 49ers game in 1996.

Posted

Unless you play in the AFC East or AFC West, then losing your QB is usually going to cost you a winning season games.

And despite the untimely injuries, particularly to Jake, we still didn't have a record worse than 7-9 until 2010.

uh ya we did

Posted

Proof to back what up?

The fact that I owned PSLs and missed fewer than 8 games during the 17 seasons I attended in Charlotte and I know what I see?

The fact that fewer and fewer seat owners whom I had grown accustomed to sitting with up until the 2008 post-season now attend games at all?

The fact that more and more opposing teams' fans are now attending games? The fact that you can go to a game between the Bucs and Panthers and see plenty of Pittsburgh and Dallas jerseys?

The proof is simply opening your eyes at any Panthers home game and looking around.

I'm seeing a lot of meaningless anecdotes and very little evidence of anything.

1 person likes this

Posted

My anecdotal evidence of why people I know go to less games than they used to is that they got tired of weekly battle to see who could be more annoying to be around.....the drunk rednecks or the Sunday school crowd...neither of which ever learned to stand and cheer on defense and sit and shut up on offense or that the wave is lame.

Posted

Imagine that...the casual fan dies not understand that owning an NFL franchise is a multilingual million dollar "for profit" organization.

Everyone wants to believe that owners AND players own teams and play football for the live of the game and the enjoyment/ adoration of the fans.

Newsflash. Most (if not all) do it for the same reason....big money.

None of us would work or own companies without trying to maximize our earnings.

Posted

I'm seeing a lot of meaningless anecdotes and very little evidence of anything.

not to mention you know, the whole recession that we have been going through since 2008. Ya totally no reason for that to affect the purchasing of expensive tickets tickets that are considered a luxury not a necessity.

The JR haters just mad and clueless. They can blame JR for the 2009-2010 seasons if they want but that's about where it ends and it's in the past now. So y'all haters are just cry babies that need a good case of grow the fug up.

Posted

Big TVs, couches, cheap beer/food, my toilet, a pause button, a/c heat....why pay $1,000s a year?

Posted

uh ya we did

I meant during the Fox era