Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(Joe P exclusive)The Gettle speaks: Understands our frustrations

123 posts in this topic

Posted

^wierd

Posted

sorry, but you have some wholly unrealistic expectations.

what gettleman said he would like to do, his goal in managing the team, and what he's actually able to do because of the mess that hurney is obviously responsible for, are two very different things.

he can't do what he would like to do because he's stuck cleaning up a mess. it's not that hard to understand.

he is also doing what makes sense given our situation...waiting until the next wave of free agent activity to be active. the fact that he hasn't picked up really anyone so far is no indicator of future activity or inactivity. he's still trying to create room and it's very early.

I'm admittedly kind of anxious, but I'm not going to let myself get discouraged or freak out about personnel until we head into training camp. I'm not expecting top caliber talent being brought in, but i am expecting a few solid players brought in on the cheap with one or two year deals who will be decent starters.

personnel isn't what I'm worried about this year. its having a HC with poor game management skills and an OC who's a proven failure. coaching will hold us back more than the roster gettleman puts together...imo.

Those were his statements so if I am to believe him then its his fault if I am being unrealistic in my expectations.

I am also the same guy who supports Panthro's theory that his hands may be tied by Richardson and any shortcomings are not necessarily on Gettleman.

I also am the guy who got flamed in a thread where I asked people to name me a team who overpaid during the first wave of free agency on non qb's who reaped the rewards of it.

Now here was/is my expectation coming into the offseason..

Make the cuts he's made so far...Okay so I am with him there

Keep Captain or find a suitable nickel to replace him...I applauded the Florence deal btw

Find a way to retain Dwan and add someone like Canty who signed a 3 year/ 8 million dollar deal that has a 1.5 million cap hit in 13.

Find a suitable upgrade at free safety like Kenny Phillips who signed a 1 year 2 million dollar deal.

And as a bonus upgrade Hangman/Gary Wiliams or at least add some decent competition there for the starting RG spot.

Draft a new # 1 receiver and upgrade the depth on the lines via the draft.

Restructure Gross to free up some room to make these moves possible.

So all in all my expectations were for him to commit roughly about 6-8 million in cap dollars on retaining Dwan and adding 2 new defensive staters(DT/FS) for 13 and have a good a draft.

Now can he still do all of this? Absolutely, hence me not passing judgement just yet. However players like Chris Williams and Frank Omiyale are not what I had in mind. Sure they would likely sign for the vet minimum on a 1 year deal but why even waste the precious cap space on journeymen who could not make it on other teams in desperate need of o-ilne help?

Posted

you are the one with the whatever attitude. I cant see how you can go to all the games and root like hell with that kind of defeatist attitude. Maybe it is me but I still go into every game expecting to win. We don't but I would hate to have such a negative attitude before the games even begin. Sad really....

Where did I say I go into games thinking we're gonna lose?

Posted

I know you are a salesman so what do you tell yourself between what you are posting now and what you believe when you watch it live. Must do a good sales job on yourself...

Posted

Sometimes poster's will embellish upon what another poster said and try to twist it into some extreme that is not true to make their differing opinion seem more right.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sometimes poster's will embellish upon what another poster said and try to twist it into some extreme that is not true to make their differing opinion seem more right.

haha

Posted

like watch how fuging awesome ilya is here setting a cj world record like a fuging boss

http://www.youtube.com/user/olympic?v=PeR4kLsmE40&t=1h36m35s

Posted

sorry, but you have some wholly unrealistic expectations.

what gettleman said he would like to do, his goal in managing the team, and what he's actually able to do because of the mess that hurney is obviously responsible for, are two very different things.

he can't do what he would like to do because he's stuck cleaning up a mess. it's not that hard to understand.

he is also doing what makes sense given our situation...waiting until the next wave of free agent activity to be active. the fact that he hasn't picked up really anyone so far is no indicator of future activity or inactivity. he's still trying to create room and it's very early.

I'm admittedly kind of anxious, but I'm not going to let myself get discouraged or freak out about personnel until we head into training camp. I'm not expecting top caliber talent being brought in, but i am expecting a few solid players brought in on the cheap with one or two year deals who will be decent starters.

personnel isn't what I'm worried about this year. its having a HC with poor game management skills and an OC who's a proven failure. coaching will hold us back more than the roster gettleman puts together...imo.

I agreed with much of your post. Regarding the part I have highlighted .......I have to hope that Rivera and Shula have learned a lot. I think that Rivera will have his team looking more like the last part of the year rather than the first. Shula has waited a log time for this 2nd chance. Could they both fail? Sure. But I am hoping for growth for both of them. I hope they pleasantly surprise us all.

Posted

You sound like the voice of experience on that subject.......

1 person likes this

Posted

that is a man who weighs around 205 lifting more than 500 pounds over his head.

that means he weighs less than almost all the posters on this board, and can lift over his head almost as much as most of the posters in this thread weigh.

Posted

Just to expound upon my last post, does it seem to anyone else that if you disagree with another poster in 1 thread, they never forget it and hold onto it like some italian mafia grudge and make it their mission to discredit everything you say moving forward?

I have gone round for round with CRA(I advise others not to as it truly is the never ending story) about D-will vs Stewart and then will turn around and pie and rep him in another thread when he makes a good point. I do this all the time to create good will and remind others its just a forum to talk Panther football with other fans of the SAME team and not healthy to take that serious.

As a matter of a fact I am going to pie and rep p55 right now

Posted

You sound like the voice of experience on that subject.......

Yes but I am speaking from the innocent side! Pie and rep for you sir!

1 person likes this