• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

Bored at work. Last mock isnt happening with Johnson rising up the draft.

Trade down with Vikings. 14 for the 23 & 52

Round 1: WR DeAndre Hopkins

Round 2: DT Jessie Williams or John Jenkins

Not sure who I like better. Wish Jenkins would shed a few pounds and get in better shape.

Round 2: CB Blidi Wreh Wilson

I like this guys potential

Round 4: LB Zaviar Goodson

Fast and Athletic

Round 5: OG Hugh Thorton

Round 6: FS Brandan Bishop

Round 6: K Hopkins or Sturgis

#2 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

I like it except for the trade...Players are legit, just hate when trades are mocked. Now I have to ask the question, would you take Hopkins at 14?

#3 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

I dont like trades as well. Its just I hate what will be available at 14 more.

There is not one person I think that would justify the 14th pick for us considering our needs and who will be there.

I like Hopkins enough Id take him at 14 if I couldnt get a trade. I think Hopkins is a beast and would immediately upgrade our passing attack. I have zero concerns about him. With that said he is a bit of a reach at 14, but given the circumstances id be ok with it.

#4 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

Not bad. The second 6th (assuming it was a comp pick) is out the window now :( If I were to make a change it'd be instead of Wilson I'd take Rambo and take the Kicker instead of that 6th rd FS since we don't have the second 6th.

#5 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Good swap. I would prob be more pleased with Rambo there instead.

#6 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

I actually did a lot of research on Blidi Wreh-Wilson before I took him in the Huddle mock draft and he reminds me a lot of Chris Gamble for some reason except for the fact Wilson can tackle. I honestly have no clue where he'll go in the draft since I've seen his stock as high as a late 1st rounder to an early 4th rounder.

I'd love it if we could trade down and add another 2nd and grab him, an instant upgrade over our current corners.

#7 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Not sure if id call him and instant upgrade yet as I see some things he can improve on.

With the right coaching and scheme he can be a good one imo

#8 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

Not sure if id call him and instant upgrade yet as I see some things he can improve on.

With the right coaching and scheme he can be a good one imo

Wilson certainly is far from a finished product, but I'm not sure there's another CB on our roster besides Dockery that's worthy of being a starter at the moment. Wilson isn't the ballhawk that I believe Norman can develop into, but something about Wilson makes me feel he'll come into his own in the NFL.

#9 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

but I'm not sure there's another CB on our roster besides Dockery that's worthy of being a starter at the moment.

Of all the CBs Dockery is the one you went with? If anything I'd have said Thomas, he's the closest thing we had to a decent NFL starting CB for most of last year.

#10 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,302 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

If you hate who is available at 14 why would a team trade up and give a 2nd for our spot.

People like to do trade down scenarios because it gives them more picks and more picks makes a mock draft look better.

Realistically we would only get a 3rd for moving down 9 spots

#11 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

Of all the CBs Dockery is the one you went with? If anything I'd have said Thomas, he's the closest thing we had to a decent NFL starting CB for most of last year.

Not to slight Thomas, I just really liked what I saw from Dockery in the final four games of the season. I don't know about you, but I'd be very concerned if we went into 2013 with the duo of Thomas and Dockery as our starters.

#12 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Eh, I'd be concerned but if we add a stud DT it'll make our DL even more ferocious and that makes it easier on scrub DBs. I'll say this, I'd rather have Thomas and Dockery starting than Fua and anyone.

#13 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

If you hate who is available at 14 why would a team trade up and give a 2nd for our spot.

People like to do trade down scenarios because it gives them more picks and more picks makes a mock draft look better.

Realistically we would only get a 3rd for moving down 9 spots

Team make up / needs and me not wanting to take gamble with the pick on Patterson or Vaccaro.

If we needed a DE, UT, or LB id be more incline to stay at 14.

Any team can fall in love with a particular player and if they have extra picks I can see them moving up.

#14 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,641 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

I would rather have Slay with the second second rounder. Other then that it's pretty good....

#15 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

I think Slay will go before our pick. Id be happy with either Slay, Wilson, or Rambo in the 2nd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.