75 replies to this topic

#31 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I actually wonder if he wouldn't prefer a one-year deal. Should the cap increase next season he'd probably have a chance to get a better offer somewhere. Of course there's always the injury risk, but I've read of a few guys taking one year "prove it" deals to try improve their stock for next offseason.

#32 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think he's looking for other deals because he knows that even though he's being paid nickel/special teams money, he is going to see the field a lot more than the typical nickel does, because of injuries, and inexperienced CBs.

#33 gamecocks722

gamecocks722

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLost in the Mountains

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

He must have in his head that he is a starting calibur corner in this league which he simply isnt. He is a role player and a great one at that. I think that is a very solid offer and one that he will end up taking. I just dont see the market for him elsewhere.

He is having some success in our scheme and he can only improve. Sign em' up!

#34 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Do I really have to sit here and copy and paste out for you all the evidence that has come across this Internet over the years of Richardson running this team like a family business and doing everything possible to maintain the players he's grown to like? I'm pretty sure there's something on the first few pages of the huddle that was being discussed just the other day.

I'll do it tonight then. I'm on a mobile device and am not going to sit here and spend a half hour doing this. If you're feeling impatient (or, you know, actually have some measure of initiative) you can google it yourself before then.

the other day you are talking about the panthro conspiracy thread which was largely based hypothetically on the word of the disgruntled Kris Jenkins? Please let's at the very least try and use a reputable source for the information.

If its not something that we can say be worthy of at least a credible source in the journalism sense then please don't bother.

#35 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,814 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

I actually wonder if he wouldn't prefer a one-year deal. Should the cap increase next season he'd probably have a chance to get a better offer somewhere. Of course there's always the injury risk, but I've read of a few guys taking one year "prove it" deals to try improve their stock for next offseason.

aside from a couple players that strategy backfired this year in a big way. lesson to players in FA this year...take the deal.

#36 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,589 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

captain needs to be smart about this... San Diego may offer him more money but the cost of living is so much higher there add in taxes and just the thought of living in California should make captain want to stay here. Tolbert came here and took a pay cut but he probably brings home more money .

I understand the part of your post in regards to taxes and cost of living in California, but what does the "just the thought of living in California" part mean?

#37 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,561 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Buyers market.

#38 Miiikey

Miiikey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSun Diego

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

I understand the part of your post in regards to taxes and cost of living in California, but what does the "just the thought of living in California" part mean?

Who wouldn't want to live here. :devil:

.. I can understand not wanting to play here though. lol

#39 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,862 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

I do hope he signs.

#40 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,990 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

I do hope he signs.

This

#41 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,861 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Buyers market.

yep, panthers are not the only team that gas been off loading talent to get under the cap, and the market is flooded with CB's to begin with.

#42 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,942 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

I guessed $2M a year in another thread. May be slightly low but CB is flooded and he isn't that great. Seems like market value.

#43 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,221 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Take the offer off the table, Gett. Got our nickel. So long, cap'n.

#44 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,648 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

LOL captain, you should have taken the deal.

#45 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,338 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Caps gone then I guess.. Draft Swearinger or I riot because our whole backfield is DB by committee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.