That 3 year deal may very well be off the table now. Gettleman don't play

#62 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Guys I just spoke with capts good good friends....told me they couldn directly speak on if he was going to return or not....but said the 5mil 3 year deal combined with signing 2 more DBs at his position is a slap in the face....so take it for what its worth....He desires a better deal...

#63 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Wow, did I miss something? 3yr 5mil? Shouldve took that. Ain't getting that anywhere else and not anymore. DJ just replaced his @ss.

#64 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

I would not be surprised if the deal is off the table. He was given an opportunity to sign yesterday and they balked at it. I guess Captain was thinking he could hold out and get more money. Probably his stupid agent.

#65 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

I would now request that you quote me saying he was more than a nickel .. the closest thing youll find is from 2 years ago when I said he would be better stuck covering the outside ( because he was better at it than nickel at the time) Fans of this team are bandwagons for players. They like em then they hate em it's a never ending cycle. So to answer hawks question. He was loved every other game and hated every other game.

Hey I meant no offense buddy. I just meant to say you are easily his biggest and most ardent fan. I'm a fan of this team and have felt the same about him since he's had enough time to show what he can do. I've always felt he's an above average nickel but when forced to cover a guy for more than 10 yards or so he is the worst in the league.

Wasn't trying to call you out or insult you.

#66 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

This is the same deal Adrian Wilson received from the Pats!

#67 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,630 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

Hey I meant no offense buddy. I just meant to say you are easily his biggest and most ardent fan. I'm a fan of this team and have felt the same about him since he's had enough time to show what he can do. I've always felt he's an above average nickel but when forced to cover a guy for more than 10 yards or so he is the worst in the league.

Wasn't trying to call you out or insult you.

No disrespect taken I just get a lot of crap from people on this site about him. They assume that since he's my favorite I automatically think he is teh bestest player in teh world and stuffs !1!11 which just isn't true. I appreciate the explanation good sir and I agree with your last statement however I don't think he is the worst 10 yards down down field at all I mean we have Nakamura on this team but yeah he is definitely in the lower half. A good pass rush could make him look all pro his jams and play in short space are excellent.

#68 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Heh Naka is definitely worse, but I meant CBs :) And I agree with your last statement too :) 100%. I think that's why he never really looked lost this year, because our pass rush was pretty ferocious.

#69 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,343 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Radio 1090 in San Diego claims the Bolts are trying to ink him.

How recent was this? Gehlken seemed to think the Captain ship had sailed once Cox was signed. Patrick, Gilchrist, and Wright are now vying for the CB2/nickel jobs.

#70 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,362 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

How recent was this? Gehlken seemed to think the Captain ship had sailed once Cox was signed. Patrick, Gilchrist, and Wright are now vying for the CB2/nickel jobs.

Hacksaw was reporting it Monday/Tuesday.

#71 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Guys I just spoke with capts good good friends....told me they couldn directly speak on if he was going to return or not....but said the 5mil 3 year deal combined with signing 2 more DBs at his position is a slap in the face....so take it for what its worth....He desires a better deal...

Two things working against the Captain: 1. He has watched his teammates get rather wealthy for mediocre performance for the past few years and Marty is gone, 2. There are a ton of free agents at CB who are willing to play for less. I am a Gamecock fan and like Munnerlyn, but he should be looking at possible unemployment if he thinks that offer was skimpy.

#72 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,160 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

This is the same deal Adrian Wilson received from the Pats!

he's probably looking at the deal that kyle arrington got when he re-signed with the pats. arrington got moved to nickel last year and signed a 4 year/$16mil deal with $8.5mil guaranteed and $7.5mil in the first year. comparable players (arguably) so it's natural to think he feels he deserves a comparable deal.

he just ain't gonna get something like that here or even anywhere, tbh. the market has collapsed. his agent has to understand this and make him aware of it as well. he's just not going to get much better than he was offered here. that's the reality of the situation.

#73 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'd tell Munnerlyn to take a hike. We could use that money for Ginn and Mitchell.

#74 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,236 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

He can feel disrespected all he wants now because we are moving on. Fact is pride screwed him over and he will be lucky to sign a 1 year deal now.

#75 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm a good clown

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

According to Rotoworld, Chicago has offered Captain a 1 year contract but the Panthers might match it. That would be interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com