Photo
- - - - -

would you take a flyer on marcus lattimore late?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#136 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,878 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

i mean the ravens took mcgahee in the first round and they knew he wasn't even going to be available his rookie year, but at the time they didn't have as many needs. so yea i believe a team with more stability would take him as early as the 3rd

The Bills drafted McGahee, not The Ravens.

Well, that's one argument that could be made. Teams like Seattle and San Fran are loaded with talent and don't have many needs. They could afford to take big gambles with late round picks.

#137 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

No, I just have something against amateurs playing armchair GM and proclaiming an injury plagued Lattimore a solution to J-Stew and D-Will as next superstar for Carolina by wasting one of five draft picks on a position that doesn't need any more depth.

Then you have something against yourself too. We have differing opinions, but are both playing 'armchair GM'.

#138 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,878 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Then you have something against yourself too. We have differing opinions, but are both playing 'armchair GM'.

Nope, I just don't want a RB with a crappy knee. J-Stew, Tolbert, Smith and Poole are more than enough at this endeavor. I want Gettleman to draft on what we need in the following rounds.

#139 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,756 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

I really dont think we have enough draft picks to take "flyers" on anybody. The only way we are improving this team is through the draft.

By the fourth round they are usually "flyers"

#140 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

The Bills drafted McGahee, not The Ravens.

Well, that's one argument that could be made. Teams like Seattle and San Fran are loaded with talent and don't have many needs. They could afford to take big gambles with late round picks.

You're right, since the Bills drafted him it wasn't the case of a team with minimal needs taking a flyer. That's a me-fail.

#141 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

I think if you have a stout oline, then you don't have to worry about running backs.

#142 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,465 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Why are you guys still bothering to argue with someone who so clearly has some awkward obsessive agenda?

You'll make valid points, he'll fabricate crap out of thin air. Rinse repeat. Ignore him.

#143 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Why are you guys still bothering to argue with someone who so clearly has some awkward obsessive agenda?

You'll make valid points, he'll fabricate crap out of thin air. Rinse repeat. Ignore him.

I could have used this knowledge at about 1:00pm.

#144 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

By the fourth round they are usually "flyers"

Not for the Panthers.

#145 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,878 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

You're right, since the Bills drafted him it wasn't the case of a team with minimal needs taking a flyer. That's a me-fail.

Well, that GM wasn't exactly a fan favorite. He made a ton of unpopular moves. McGahee, for example, was a hellva of a reach.

#146 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,642 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Not for the Panthers.

no, they still are. we are just hoping that our gamble can result in filling a starting gig somewhere...which is pathetic and we do have options.

holes should be and are being filled by FAs. anything after the 2nd round should be considered developmental...not starters. if you constantly look at those guys as being your starters and that is the way you address needs...well...you've got a losing team.

#147 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,782 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Let's not get into this lattimore hype. Taking flyers with injured players doesn't always work out. See Hogan. Sure Hardy worked out but most of the time it doesn't. Rather not waste a 4th round pick on this guy. If he falls out of the draft, then sure. If he's there with our LAST pick. Sure why not. but not any middle round pick at all.

#148 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,119 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Let us also waste another pick on an injured linebacker.

#149 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,878 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Let's not get into this lattimore hype. Taking flyers with injured players doesn't always work out. See Hogan. Sure Hardy worked out but most of the time it doesn't. Rather not waste a 4th round pick on this guy. If he falls out of the draft, then sure. If he's there with our LAST pick. Sure why not. but not any middle round pick at all.

I wouldn't mind picking up Lattimore as UDFA but anything higher (for us) would be a tad irresponsible. We require depth at so many positions that RB should be the furtherest thing on our minds.

#150 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

So the argument against this highly unlikely scenario is we need 5th round picks to start this season?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com