Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cordarrelle Patterson vs. Tavon Austin

50 posts in this topic

Posted

No moron I'm asking if you had your choice who would be last one you pick.

That's like me asking you this:

So, who would be last on this list for you?

Fitz, Megatron, and Johnson?

Whoever you have "last" is considered "NOT" a no.1. See how retarded that question is. Pretty damn fuggn retarded!

Posted

I call you that because you're a fuging Moron. No offense.

I see. Everytime you're losing an argument to me, whoever (wood), you start the name calling. Very classy.

Posted

Welker is not a deep threat. He is a chain moving slot wr. A very good one at that.

You like him up on the outside and his value drops imo

Posted

That's like me asking you this:

So, who would be last on this list for you?

Fitz, Megatron, and Johnson?

Whoever you have "last" is considered "NOT" a no.1. See how retarded that question is. Pretty damn fuggn retarded!

No not really the point was would you choose the guys who line up everywhere and are deep threats as well as chain movers and medium route players or the guy who lines up always in 1 spot. Is not a deep threat but he does catch a lot ball in the middle areas and is just a chain mover.

Posted

I see. Everytime you're losing an argument to me, whoever (wood), you start the name calling. Very classy.

You started this dumb thread. You are comparing 2 different type of WR. It isn't a fair comparison.

You can't Compare a player like Art Monk to Marvin Harrison they are 2 different types of WR. Great in what they do but different.

Posted

If I had to choose between them with no other options I'd take Austin. He's more of a proven WR and the only advantage Patterson has on him is height. If I'm taking a huge gamble on one of this year's WRs in the 1st, I'll take the one with the bigger playmaking potential.

Posted

I see what Chuck is saying. Welker is the main go to guy and technically is the "no1".

But since he is limited to a degree and can't line up on the outside, he's not considered a true number 1 wide-out.

Now Desean Jackson, another short wr, is limited to only the 9 route. But since HE IS A DEEP THREAT he has more value. And he's not really limited to the 9 route, it's just that dude can't take those big hits because he is small as fug.

One of the things(big hits) I'm worried about Tavon dealing with

Posted

LOL Welker is not a fugging #1 receiver.

Just because he was Brady's safety valve doesn't mean he is their "number one" receiver. That's like saying Greg Olsen is our #1 receiver.

Brandon Lloyd was the Patriots number one receiver. Your number one receiver should be able to run every route, get jump balls, and take on the opposing defenses #1 corner.

Welker was a miss match for teams nickle corners, safeties, and linebackers. He wouldn't do squat against a true shutdown corner.

And can we PLEASE keep in mind who made Welkers name? Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Watch Julian Edleman do the exact same thing.

Austin is nothing more than a slot receiver and kick returner.

Now Patterson and Allen, can be #1 receivers. They have the size and potential to be Julio Jones like. Not megatron or AJ, but they are bigger speedy receivers that make perfect flankers on the outside.

Stop being close minded.

Posted

You dont draft slot wr's / KR's with the 14th pick.

Austin is good, but he is a luxury pick, something we dont have

He is more than just a slot receiver....he can add that scat back element to our running game as well especially knowing Dwill still may be a June 1 cut

Posted

He is more than just a slot receiver....he can add that scat back element to our running game as well especially knowing Dwill still may be a June 1 cut

scatback / slot still not worth a 14th pick when we got this many needs.

luxury pick

Posted

Glad to see others see that Tavon is just a slot. mannnnnnn...WHEW LOLOL

Posted

I have yet to see Austin catch a pass higher than 7 feet vertically. He rarely goes deep and seems to make all of his plays in space. You get him jammed up against an NFL corner on the outside and I don't think he will be nearly as effective.

Just not a fit for our offense. Cam throws a lot of his balls too high, so we need someone who can go up and get them.

Cam's accuarcy is also much better on deep routes than the short quick routes you'd have to employ to get Austin the ball in space to utilize his strengths.