Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osi Umenyiora to Atlanta? <yep>

97 posts in this topic

Posted

Meh, when Atlanta stops going to the NFL retirement home for pass rushers let me know.

Posted

Osi said he's going to be defensive player of the year.

Nah Luke's got that. He can wish though

Posted

If he was playing at a 2005 level. Think the NYG would have let him go if he was going to be a 10+ DE?

I am more concerned with Jackson than Osi.

I'm more laughing at our FA signing's over the last seven years than marveling at Osi's greatness.

Posted

Osi's not what he once was. ATL getting him doesn't concern me at all. I'd rather they had Osi than Abraham.

This.

There's a reason the Falcons can afford Osi now with their limited remaining budget. I'll leave it as a mental exercise for the shrinking violets to figure out why that is.

Posted

Osi Umenyiora weighs all of about 255 lbs.

I've read repeatedly here in the Atlanta fish-wrapper that the Falcan'ts intend to go to lots of 3-4 looks in their defense next year. The Falcons defense sucked ballz last year one reason which was Mike Smith is a 4-3 defense guy and he hired Mike Nolan to run his defense and Nolan is a 3-4 guy. And Nolan intends to move more towards what he knows.

It will be interesting to see Umenyiora play fence-post DE in a 3-4 at his size. Or play OLB in a 3-4, a position he's never played in the NFL.

Posted

John Abraham had a better season than Osi last year.

Posted

Great move by them. He's not the player he used to be but he could help turn a major weakness into a minor weakness. They could still use some more help but this is exactly the type of move they should have made.

Posted

Osi benefitted from having the other 10 men on the field being good as well.. Not taking anything away but when you have the best front 7, and a not to shabby secondary, you can blitz more and flush the qb out allowing guys like osi to rack up stats. again, not saying he isnt good just that we shouldnt be sweating him.

Posted

I'm more laughing at our FA signing's over the last seven years than marveling at Osi's greatness.

as if you'd be posting about that in this thread if the intention wasn't to say something about the falcons in the first place.

nice shitposting though i give it a 7/10.

Posted

Cam's not scared. Atlanta just wishes they could have gotten CJ when they tried.

Posted

This is just so Korey Biermen isn't their starting DE, everyone knows he's no John Abraham.

They're definitely going DE in the draft.

Posted

~Double post~