Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gross Restructured, Blackburn Signed, What's Next?

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Sign vet OG and vet NT. Draft WR in the first round, safety in the second.

Profit.

Its like I'm seeing myself in the mirror

Posted

Better yet, sign OG sign NT.

Trade down 5-8 spots pick up extra second...

1st. Best WR available

2nd. Best Safety available

2nd. BPA

Profit.

this would be beyond ideal

Posted

I know a guy who knows a guy who has a guy on the inside who says they're looking to move the team to Alaska

I hate you.

Posted

We have brought in a bunch of guys. I am curious as to how many Rivera was consulted with? Are these Gettlemen signings? Or are he and Rivera on the same page? I would hope it is the latter, cuz this is a lot of guys. With the potential for even more to come, I just want to believe my GM and Coach are of the same mind when building the team.

I really think Gettleman and Rivera have the same mindset. There both football guys. Blackburn is definetly a Rivera type of guy. From everything I have read/heard, these guys are on the same page.

Posted

I hate you.

You say that, but you don't really mean it

Posted

If they can get a veteran guard then it sets them up nicely to also pick bpa and then develop some more mid and late round guys at our areas of need.

Posted

FYI: It'd be a stretch to suggest it has anything to do with us, but word from PFT that Alan Branch just fired his old agent and signed with a new one.

Posted

You say that, but you don't really mean it

Tell me you were lying about Alaska.

Posted

Tell me you were lying about Alaska.

I'm not at liberty to say.

There are... ramifications to be had.

Posted

Offensive line, offensive line, offensive line. With Gross almost certainly gone after next year, they need to start thinking replacement. Steve Smith also needs a successor...man I hate to think that he won't be taking the field on Sundays for the Panthers one day very soon...

Posted

I really think Gettleman and Rivera have the same mindset. There both football guys. Blackburn is definetly a Rivera type of guy. From everything I have read/heard, these guys are on the same page.

I gotta believe you are right. But this is a lot of guys ccoming aboard in a short period of time. I am just a tad antsy, worrying over the relationship between Rivera and Gettlemen. Gettlemen could f up Rivera's life if he was so inclined. Doesn't look that way so far, so the worry is lessening to a certain extent.

I am curious on whether they have a talent board, or a value chart, they both agree on. So if a guy is higher on your list, than what you have, you give it a whirl. Rivera knows what type players he wants. If Gettlemen is this busy, I have to believe he is doing so with Rivera's blessing.

All we have done really is bring in competition and depth. Both help solidify your team. But are not addressing the holes so many of us see. I know, no money. But thanks to Gross, we have money.

You would think that after 20+ years of marriage I would be used to being confused. But I just cannot shake this feeling I have concerning the relationship between Rivera and Gettlemen.

Posted

Hah, was reading the NFL.com article about the Blackburn signing, reading the comments. This was toward the top of the comments, check this nugget from a turd ghost of (thankfully) Huddle past:

370275_100002533093693_159005705_q.jpgSturgis Jonboy · Follow · Top Commenter · Dog at Sheep Herder

lol chase blackburn went from a 1st class org to the hillbilly outhouse. Poor chase...what the panthers really need to do is cut washed up jon beason. panthers are a joke - gritsrgreat.

1 person likes this