52 replies to this topic

#46 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

There is no point to worry about things like this right now. Lets not put the cart before the horse. I just want to see us win. Contracts and things of that nature means nothing to me. That's for the front office. One thing I don't get is why people are afraid of cam leaving. He never mention that at all. If he wants to leave, what's the point of trying to force him to say? I want players on this team that wants to play for the Panthers, if not let them walk.

That being said, I think he will stay :)

#47 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Uuuh, superbowl QB's get 20 mil a year. Cam should get paid 13-15 mil a year.

#48 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Also, Tony Romo is Tony Romo. Cam Newton is Cam fugging Newton!

#49 Guest_BlueBoyRamses_E1b1a_*

Guest_BlueBoyRamses_E1b1a_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

If he refuses to sign the tag, then he doesn't get paid.
If he holds out, then he gets fined.
If he constantly misses games due to injury, then he won't get the big money deal that he wants on the free market.
If he becomes a distraction in the locker room, then he risks becoming the TO of QB's and teams will be afraid to bring him in on a long term deal.

As for the price, that's what top QB are making nowadays. It's what will we have to pay to sign him long term too.

Other teams waiting in the wing for him would understand. especially after being a model citizen through his contract years. You're over thinking this.

#50 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

lol @ people complaining that we are going to have to pay cam a lot of money

you should spend every waking hour of your day ecstatic that we are in a position where we have a franchise QB we have to pay a lot of money

there are two types of teams in this league, those with franchise QBs, and those searching for franchise QBs

#51 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Sure, go ahead and low-ball Cam and watch him walk, which I believe he'll do regardless...

They need to extend Cam after the season...anything else is playing with fire. He could easily play the Pep card....league is changing where players dictate more than they did years ago.

#52 Rhell

Rhell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Meh, Cam will get paid. I think everybody will be cool with that. Also this Romo deal is vaguely like the Delhomme deal, giving an old middle tier QB big money for cap relief. Probably will end up with the same results.

#53 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

JR will definitely make Cam an offer he should take, I have no doubts about that. And I think it will come before the 2014 season. The only question is does Cam think he can get more on the open market. Hard to say where his mind is at, but I think he'll take the security and accept the promise that they'll build around him here in Carolina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com