And Moose didn't play with Clausen.

Please

#78 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

I don't think signing Hixon would take WR off the board in the 1st at all. If we took a WR in the 1st, it would be with the idea that we were getting a starter for years to come. I don't think you're expecting that out of a career sub package WR who's already had two ACL reconstructions. Hixon would be coming in to compete against the rest of the crop of also rans that we have trying to fill out our WR corps.

#79 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...muhsin-muhammad

http://espn.go.com/n.../brandon-lafell

Not much different.

And Moose didn't play with Clausen.

Time for Lafell to take that next step like Moose did in his 4th season if we're gonna make that comparison.

#80 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,269 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Cut Lamont Bryant? He's a big target with speed who has upside. I want to see him get a shot before we release him.

Adams, Edwards and Gettis should be cut.

#81 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Time for Lafell to take that next step like Moose did in his 4th season.

I agree. Hopefully with better playcalling and better OLine play this will be his breakout season.

#82 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Can someone refer this thread to that dumbass that is wondering the difference between hurney and gettleman??

#83 mountainpantherfan2

mountainpantherfan2

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

I might be wrong but the only WRs right now signed past 2013 is Smitty and Adams. Nixon signed or not drafting WRs in the draft which will come with minimum 3 year deals on the cheap will be an option.

#84 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

No one know how Gettleman thinks. The guy been here for like 3 months only.

And one of my three favorite DTs (Star, Floyd, Sheldon) will be there at 14. Im not a fan of Kawaan at all. If all three of them do end up being off the board by 14, Hankins, Syl. Williams, and maybe a Jon Jenkins is still good enough to be taken at 14.

Mayock said that he believe that a lot of OL could be taken in the 1st. That there is a big drop off after a guy like Pugh that could force teams to reach for a Pugh or Fluker earlier than they should. Guys like Joeckel, Fisher, Lane, Warmack, Cooper, Fluker and Pugh could all go in the 1st. If that happen, a Star or Sheldon should very well be there at 14. I don't see why Gettleman would pass them up for a receiver. The only thing we know about Gettleman or try to know about him is that he came from NYG. A team built on having good Dline play.

the giants also always had a good wr corp as well.

#85 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Can someone refer this thread to that dumbass that is wondering the difference between hurney and gettleman??

Agreed, Hurney going after a somewhat well known FA like Hixon would have been unheard of. Sure he signed Shockey, but that was a huge exception to the Hurney rule

#86 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

We have a very good shot of signing Hixon Monday. Detroit offered him a one year vet min deal. We'll do the same BUT we will offer a chance to compete for the #3 spot. I think he'll take it.

#87 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

browns are interested in him too i see. Chud GTFO our koolaid

#88 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

If we do sign Hixon or any other receiver freom here on, I think that would pretty much seal the faith on a WR in the 1st or 2nd. Base on the moves in FA, its looking like Gettleman is putting us toward to taking a DT at 14.

You are way off base in trying to make that assertion.

Gettleman resigned Dwan and added Cole. That is the equivalent if adding the role players in the secondary or at WR.

He did exactly what he said he was going to do. He filled holes in FA that will allow him to go in many diff directions in the draft.

If you don't think that OL, DL, WR, CB, or S are very real possibilities in the 1-2 rounds, you are an idiot.

#89 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

This guy is not joining a team to be a #3 you can bet on that. From what I've seen which isn't much, Hixon could be our other starter opposite smitty. The guy is athletic, uses his hands, locates the deep ball, attacks the ball, makes the tough catches, and can get that little bit of desperation to make the catch across the middle.

#90 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,341 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Agreed, Hurney going after a somewhat well known FA like Hixon would have been unheard of. Sure he signed Shockey, but that was a huge exception to the Hurney rule

I think bringing Shockey was Chud's idea. I'm sure he had to talk Hurney into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.