Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's your "prime target"?

129 posts in this topic

Posted

Keenan Allen in the 1st for me and i'll stick by that.. he'll be back on the map after his pro day I bet.

1 person likes this

Posted

Star.

Unless another real big name like Milliner or Jordan falls I'd prefer a trade down snd pick up a couple other picks.

Still want DT and WR in the top 3 rounds.

Posted

Didn't Jarvis Jones bomb his pro day?

Thats what they are saying..but the pro day stuff doesnt faze me..

Was getting Washburn enough? Do we have a "next man up" to step up, down the stretch if we are in the playoffs?

He was always making plays, they seemed to blitz him often but he recovers nicely and makes plays down the field. Would not mind him next to Luke... of course only if Gman is cool with it.

Posted

i think a lot of people like patterson, but realize he's a swing for the fences type pick. he's a bit of a gamble. and there's safer directions we could go. the potential is there, tho.

and warmack...i think most have realized just how unlikely an OG in the first is for us.

Yup!

Posted

Cooper over Warmack?

Didn't Jarvis Jones bomb his pro day?

Cooper is the better athlete. Saw a mock on NFL Network which had Cooper to Tenn ahead of Warmack. Why? Bc he can play all three interior positions.

Jarvis' name up if he didn't have a poor pro day. He wouldve been a guaranteed top 7-10 pick, and could very well still be one. At the end, teams go back to the game tapes, not combine/pro day.

Posted

When I watched Alabama play, I liked Warmack but remember liking D J Fluker better.

I'd be happy with Fluker in the second. Not sure where he's projected.

Hes climbing the board quickly. Mayock seemed to love him a lot and can't see him falling out the 1st. Mayock said he believe at least 7 OLs will go in the first. Gonna be the most since the Jake Long draft. There will a reach for OTs bc of a drop off after a guy like Pugh. Also, Mayock is biting his tongue now after saying early in the year that Fluker is gonna be just a RT.

Posted

I don't have a "guy" this year yet but the more I watch of Allen the more I like.

His range catching the football is very AJ green like, he has good measurables, he's polished and consistent, and when given the opportunity-something he seldom had at Cal-he's dangerous in the open field.

He's a complete package and I'd like to see him with competent QB play and a system that suits his skillset.

Posted

If Star/Floyd/an LT is off the board then Allen all the way. Cam could use a big target and we need to stock the shelves NOW before Smitty retires.

Posted

I'd take Allen in a heartbeat.

I'd take Tavon in half of one

Posted

Patterson or Star. However, I'm a horrible talent evaluator. So we should probably stay away from those two.

Posted

Cooper over Warmack?

No, I just can't see Warmack falling past the Titans.

Posted

My evil twin wants us to take Star Lotulelei just so he can hear Mick Mixon say his name on the radio.