Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Underrated films or films that surprised you.

69 posts in this topic

Posted

fire with fire with josh duhamal and bruce willis

Posted

'This Means War' of this past year REALLY surprised me. I turned it on for noise but ended up going credits to credits. Not a great movie, but a lot better than I expected.

Posted

Beasts of the Southern Wild isn't underrated though. Considering how small it was originally, it really blew up. And it got the critical success it deserved.

I think I was more surprised with that one than thinking it was underrated.

I'd never heard of it really, until this chick at work that I talk movies/tv with was telling me about it. It sounded crazy, but interesting.

I had tears in my eyes at one point.

Beautifully shot, and very surprising film for me.

Posted

i'lll toss out a couple of pearls for now.

Session 9 and Buddy Boy.both WAY under the radar and both knocked me over. BB really stayed with me for some time.

Posted

Boondock Saints- one of my favorite movies

Posted

ylyfb.jpg

Posted

running_with_scissors_0.jpg

red_movie_poster_01.jpg

Posted

Life is beautiful. The Italian movie with Roberto benigni. Surprised the hell out of me. I watched it first in English class in high school. Also little miss sunshine surprised me too.

Posted

Life is beautiful. The Italian movie with Roberto benigni. Surprised the hell out of me. I watched it first in English class in high school. Also little miss sunshine surprised me too.

I was also blown away by Life If Beautiful in 10th grade English class

Posted

Lockout - really surprised me, was a good action flick when I thought it was going to be super cheesy because of the previews but ended up not being the case, my only complaint is the hero says too many one liners that gets a little annoying but overall I'd give it a 9/10 for an action flick.

The Man with the Iron Fists - as someone else said earlier very good movie for what it is 10/10 action flick.

Posted

The Lookout, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Kick Ass, The Land Before Time, Charlie St Cloud.

Posted

Dark City