67 replies to this topic

#1 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

White Student Union’s plan to patrol the Baltimore area’s Towson University in response to 'black crime wave' sparks controversy

The alleged hate group’s efforts against ‘black predators’ come as violent crime at the Maryland campus has plunged. Group founder Matthew Heimbach says the patrols are being disparaged because of anti-white discrimination.

Posted Image
Matthew Heimbach, the founder and president of the White Student Union, said the purpose of the patrols is "not for glory or controversy, it is to help our fellow students."

A white pride student organization at Towson University has sparked controversy and gained national attention after it declared that members would begin night patrols to combat the “black crime wave” on campus.

“For those who are not Towson students it seems hard to fathom that every single day black predators prey upon the majority white Towson University student body,” Matthew Heimbach, the president and founder of the White Student Union, wrote in a blog post on Feb. 28.

But school officials said that Towson, which is near Baltimore, has one of the safest campuses in the University System of Maryland. It has the lowest crime statistics among the USM campuses, and the total number of violent crimes in 2012 was down 37.5% despite a 2.3% increase in enrollment.

On Wednesday, in a message to the campus community, Deb Moriarty, the vice president for student affairs, and Police Chief Bernie Gerst discouraged students from taking crime fighting into their own hands. They said they would strive to protect the rights of all students.

“We will continue to work vigorously with students who feel threatened by the proposed activities of this group to ensure their safety and to help them find their voice to take back their power from those they feel are denigrating them,” Moriarty and Gerst wrote in the message.

The White Student Union group is not recognized as a student group by the university. It has, however, been added to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s “Hate Map” and is classified as a “white nationalist” organization. According to the SPLC website, “white nationalist groups espouse white supremacist or white separatist ideologies, often focusing on the alleged inferiority of non-whites.” Mark Potok, a SPLC spokesman, told Towson’s independent student newspaper “The Towerlight” that Heimbach’s language and rhetoric as president of the group point to this way of thinking.

“We base off of ideology,” Potok said. “It has nothing to do with criminality or potential for violence.”

Potok pointed out that the WSU blog links to pro-white websites like the Council of Conservative Citizens that do directly promote racial segregation.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...6#ixzz2PLxISSvr

#2 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,346 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

I knew things had been too quiet in here for too long.

#3 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,139 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

why is it black people are allowed to have black pride and white people are racist if they have white pride?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

BOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#4 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

stirs' reply to everything I post:
Posted Image

#5 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

these fuging guys are insane.

K. Carl Smith of Frederick Douglass Republicans was giving a presentation at CPAC about how Republicans could reach out more effectively to minorities. Scott Terry, a member of the White Student Union, began challenging Smith about the inclusion of blacks in the GOP's tent, in an exchange captured by the liberal blog ThinkProgress that quickly spread around the Internet.

As seen in the video, Smith responds by citing a letter Frederick Douglass wrote in which he forgave his former owner. Terry interrupted and said, "For giving him shelter and food?" Several people in the audience gasp, though ThinkProgress notes there are also cheers. Terry muttered, "Why can't we just have segregation?" after the exchange, ThinkProgress reported.

When Smith mentioned Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., the Atlantic Wire reports, White Student Union "founder and commander" Matthew Heimbach interrupted that King was a "Marxist," and consequently not welcome.

After the exchange, Terry told The Guardian that he is a descendent of Confederate president Jefferson Davis, and that he didn't totally disagree with slavery because it's a "complicated issue." He said, "I can't make one broad statement that categorically it was evil all the time because that's not true."

Terry later told The Blaze that some of his comments were being taken out of context, and that he did not support slavery. However, when it comes to segregating by race, Terry said Americans should have "freedom of association."

Heimbach, who started the White Student Union, has been more confrontational in subsequent interviews.

"Diversity is not a strength," Heimbach told the Baltimore Sun, adding, "We're being displaced from our own country," in reference to immigration. He also told The Blaze that the issue of "forced segregation" should be left to the states.

As The Huffington Post previously reported, Towson University has responded to Heimbach's student group with caution, neither endorsing it nor trying to shut it down. The Southern Poverty Law Center designated the White Student Union a "hate group."

Heimbach responded to the label, telling Slate, "You look at the SPLC, as fake as they are, they talk about how patriot groups are increasing in the Obama era. With a black face in charge of the White House, of the federal government, we know it's foreign. We know something isn't right."

from http://www.huffingto..._n_2897609.html

#6 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,139 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

i mean i usually disagree with stirs vehemently but i doubt he supports the white student union group

#7 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,653 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Ahh. The ole Heimbach manuever.

#8 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

too bad these guys are so fuging nuts, this thread coulda been kinda fun. :P

"the virtue of Christian white womanhood is under attack" ahahaha.

fwiw, the university students held a rally called "be the change" and poo where they tried to fight the national image that is taking shape that their school is full of crazies.

http://www.thetowerl...-be-the-change/

#9 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

i mean i usually disagree with stirs vehemently but i doubt he supports the white student union group

nah he's just thread-bitching which is pretty much his own childish way of agreeing with me

#10 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

i dont really care what he looks like, it's what comes out of his mouth that disgusts me.

#12 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,346 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Is that like a mohair toboggan he is wearing?

#13 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

-FALSE ALARM EVERYONE-

He's cool...
Posted Image
https://mobile.twitt...MatthewHeimbach

#14 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

no

noooooooo

his black friend has made him impervious to accusations of racism :( :( :(

e: accusations that are solely the product of "losing an argument", as mr scot explained in his breathless defense of alleged racist nolan narwocki

#15 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,440 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

why is it black people are allowed to have black pride and white people are racist if they have white pride?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

BOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.