Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Filmmaker Huddle

38 posts in this topic

Posted

As I said I haven't found my trade just yet but I listed what I lean towards. PM me.

Let me send a couple emails.

I know someone who knows someone that does a ton of the local casting.

Someone who knows someone who does some writing/directing.

and another person...

Weak leads, but I'll share what I can get for ya.

1 person likes this

Posted

What kind of software are you using?

My son has a 15" Macbook and got a deal on a student version of the CS6 suite.

I don't know crap about video editing, but we use Photoshop CS5 here at work for imagery editing/production and it's pretty freaking awesome.

Final Cut

Posted

I just attended the BANNF film festival when it rolled through the triad and now I'm highly interested in getting into filmmaking. I just need the time

Posted

I just attended the BANNF film festival when it rolled through the triad and now I'm highly interested in getting into filmmaking. I just need the time

I told you this earlier in another thread, but you would like Ron Fricke's stuff

Chronos, Baraka, and the latest Samsara are so damn good. Feature tons of footage of foreign countries.

Posted

I hope with more films and TV shows coming to the Carolinas we get more film/screenwriting programs. From what I’ve been told the only film schools are USC and UNC Wilmington.

Posted

UNC School of Arts?

Posted

I'm a fluffer in the gay pron industry...its not fantastic work, but it's a start

Posted

UNC School of Arts?

Yeah, I heard it was on the rise. with all the shows coming in area.

CBS is shooting a pilot in Charleston.

Posted

I told you this earlier in another thread, but you would like Ron Fricke's stuff

Chronos, Baraka, and the latest Samsara are so damn good. Feature tons of footage of foreign countries.

that's what i really want to get in to. if i can squeeze it in between all the masters programs i want to start taking some basic classes and invest in some equipment and try to incorporate it into my traveling

Posted

-Your specialty - Highlight reels, montages, occasional vlogging

-Your gear if applicable - iMovie, DownloadHelper (Firefox extension), webcam

-What school you went to - I'm at UNC now, but definitely not for film or anything.

-How long you've been making movies - 5 years?

-Your inspiration and influences - None really. Just started with Panthers highlights.

-Your website/ youtube channel/ portfolio etc - http://www.youtube.com/user/AndyRantz

-Plans for the future - Continue as a hobby with side "jobs" here and there (Did some filming in the Dean Dome over the weekend, helped a friend get a full scholarship to Boston University by filming/editing a project for him)

Some montage stuff I've thrown together for school projects over the years.

Posted

I remember you posting the paradise one

You have a poo ton of videos

Posted

Have to go to the gym, will edit after.