Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers sign Hixon

212 posts in this topic

Posted

Hixon has serious durability concern and Ginn hasn't done much as a WR.

If we take a WR at #14, we'd be taking him to be our eventual #1 and successor to Smitty. That guy is certainly not currently on the roster.

We're bringing in all these bodies at WR because other than Smitty and LaFell, I don't think there's a single WR from last year's roster that is a lock to make the team this year.

What do you mean eventual? I mean, draft a QB and sit him a year . . . I have no problem with that.

Draft a wideout and he's not playing. . . wait wait. . . draft a wideout. . . in the first. . . AND HE'S NOT PLAYING??!?!?

Posted

What do you mean eventual? I mean, draft a QB and sit him a year . . . I have no problem with that.

Draft a wideout and he's not playing. . . wait wait. . . draft a wideout. . . in the first. . . AND HE'S NOT PLAYING??!?!?

Not playing? Who said anything about him not playing? Ain't no rookie gonna supplant Steve Smith as the #1 WR on the Carolina Panthers this coming season. That's what I meant by "eventual #1. A rookie WR drafted in the 1st round would most certainly play as a rookie.

Posted

Ted Ginn is to receiving what JJ Jansen is to linebacking.

Your're right none of the other recievers we have have a snowball's chance in hell to become any good because, ya know, they were drafted in the first.. . . . like uhmm oh ya Smitty, oh wait no, gimme some time and I'll think of one. Was Moose a first? I dun remembah

Way to be an optimistic fan and completely write off youre entire roster, lols.

Posted

Not playing? Who said anything about him not playing? Ain't no rookie gonna supplant Steve Smith as the #1 WR on the Carolina Panthers this coming season. That's what I meant by "eventual #1. A rookie WR drafted in the 1st round would most certainly play as a rookie.

You dont draft receivers in the first to "put them into the rotation", not at 14

Posted

I mean why would you guys draft a talented receiver prospect with kealoha pliares still on the roster! Your no fan of this team!!

Posted

You dont draft receivers in the first to "put them into the rotation", not at 14

Uh, yeah you do. Most rookie WRs aren't Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones. Most take a year or two to adjust to the NFL game. A rookie putting up 600 yards or so is pretty good. I doubt a rookie would replace LaFell in the starting lineup.

Posted

I mean why would you guys draft a talented receiver prospect with kealoha pliares still on the roster! Your no fan of this team!!

Why are you talking like your a child, grow up, dude :)

Ive read oyur posts before, I know you got it in ya. You seem offended today about something. No I wont help you btw.

Posted

Uh, yeah you do. Most rookie WRs aren't Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones. Most take a year or two to adjust to the NFL game. A rookie putting up 600 yards or so is pretty good. I doubt a rookie would replace LaFell in the starting lineup.

Did either of those guys play behind anyone? I dont get the argument.

Posted

Did either of those guys play behind anyone? I dont get the argument.

You're not very intelligent are you?

I brought up those guys as exceptions to the norm.

Posted

Why are you talking like your a child, grow up, dude :)

Ive read oyur posts before, I know you got it in ya. You seem offended today about something. No I wont help you btw.

Having the cast offs of CFL Survivor island comprise 75% of your receiver corp doesn't say what you think it's says

Posted

You're not very intelligent are you?

I brought up those guys as exceptions to the norm.

Hahaha whats with the childish comments today, we're just talkin right Gorge?

can you do me a favor and site the last time someone was taken at 14 or higher and didnt start at the 1 or 2 in their first year.

I ask this. . . because. . I said you dont draft a guy at 14 to not play the 1 or 2. If you're saying he's not gonna replace LaFell . . and he's not gonna replace Smitty. . in THE FIRST YEAR. . . . then he's not starting.

Posted

the #3 WR is now a starter in today's NFL.and Razy Michael Floyd was drafted at 13 and only started 3 games but still had respectable numbers for a rookie who started only 3 games.

it is amazing that people are content with Ginn and Hixon as options at the WR position. the teams they where on last year still invested in a WR in rounds 1 and 2 with them on the roster.

1 person likes this