Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

pk;dr

#47 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

I stopped taking him seriously after his "coverage" of the 2010 world cup in south africa.

#48 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

What they did?

We were featured last night, which of course means a nice little take shots at our QB session.

#49 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,671 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

What a tool

#50 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,346 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Hixon is not an impact player, so pretty meaningless isn't a stretch

Present your case. Giant fans will be the first to tell you that's BS. He was a very reliable target on third downs.

#51 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

guys it's pretty clear to me that he was joking.

#52 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Present your case. Giant fans will be the first to tell you that's BS. He was a very reliable target on third downs.

1400 yards in 5 yrs...

An impact player does in a year what he has done in 5....he is a roleplayer if healthy. If you want to bash Peter King there are hundreds of legit reasons to do so....him calling our uninteresting move what it is, isn't one

#53 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,333 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

What they did?

Had Beason on and asked a few leading questions about Cam's 'maturity'.

#54 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Had Beason on and asked a few leading questions about Cam's 'maturity'.

Cam is the most interesting aspect of this team....and the nation had no reason to follow us once he started mature

#55 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,346 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

1400 yards in 5 yrs...

An impact player does in a year what he has done in 5....he is a roleplayer if healthy. If you want to bash Peter King there are hundreds of legit reasons to do so....him calling our uninteresting move what it is, isn't one

That's pure, unfiltered garbage. Dixon isn't going to have a +1000 yd, +10 td season but that's not going to stop Hixon from providing some impact. He moves the chains. That's the type of player Hixon is at the end of the day (bailed out Manning on several occasions and kept drives alive), and I'm absolutely fine with that. Dixon doesn't need to be Megatron to enable an effect on offense.

Calling any type of move in the off-season is premature, to say the least. I could care less what you believe but save that sport psychic/armchair GM crap for when the season actually starts.

#56 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

\

King would deny it but it certainly feels that way. Would love to see Cam talk to everyone BUT King at training camp.

Yeah he's basically saying Cam won't get the job done no matter what players we bring.

#57 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

That's pure, unfiltered garbage. Dixon isn't going to have a +1000 yd, +10 td season but that's not going to stop Hixon from providing some impact. He moves the chains. That's the type of player Hixon is at the end of the day (bailed out Manning on several occasions and kept drives alive), and I'm absolutely fine with that. Dixon doesn't need to be Megatron to enable an effect on offense.

Calling any type of move in the off-season is premature, to say the least. I could care less what you believe but save that sport psychic/armchair GM crap for when the season actually starts.

Pure garbage is calling someone an impact player.....then claiming that means he could have some type of impact.

You don't have to share my stance....but don't claim I am the only one being an arm chair QB who shouldn't say anything until the season starts when you are doing the exact same thing.

And if Hixon had high odds to be what so many are claiming.....he would still be a NYG.

#58 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Yeah he's basically saying Cam won't get the job done no matter what players we bring.

No he didn't.

He is saying Hixon isn't worth talking about....and he isn't from King's national stage perspective. He is JAG....there are a hundred of those type moved going on

#59 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,346 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

Pure garbage is calling someone an impact player.....then claiming that means he could have some type of impact.

You don't have to share my stance....but don't claim I am the only one being an arm chair QB who shouldn't say anything until the season starts when you are doing the exact same thing.

And if Hixon had high odds to be what so many are claiming.....he would still be a NYG.

Some impact still equals impact. That's failure on your part to comprehend.

Here's the difference between you and me, I'm not calling Hixon useless, nor predicting to know what type of production Hixon will accomplish in 2013-14. I'm going by what the tape and stats represent, and guess what? Hixon was one of Manning's favorite targets on third down for a reason (trustworthy hands; above average routes underneath).

Giants offered veteran minimum, Hixon didn't want it. It's really that simple. On that note, Cruz is on his way out because of the money he's demanding, is he a bum for not being on high odds with the Giants too?

#60 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Some impact still equals impact. That's failure on your part to comprehend.

Here's the difference between you and me, I'm not calling Hixon useless, nor predicting to know what type of production Hixon will accomplish in 2013-14. I'm going by what the tape and stats represent, and guess what? Hixon was one of Manning's favorite targets on third down for a reason (trustworthy hands; above average routes underneath).

Giants offered veteran minimum, Hixon didn't want it. It's really that simple. On that note, Cruz is on his way out because of the money he's demanding, is he a bum for not being on high odds with the Giants too?

Armanti Edwards had impact in a game....that does not mean you can call him an impact player.

Everyone that makes a play that impacts a game isn't an impact player. Those are the game changers....the ones opponents worry about most and alter game plans.

And if Hixon was the poo....Giants would have paid more and kept him. He is depth unless you suck at WR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.